So is something like the PODxt and POD Farm the best thing in the not-insanely-priced realm?

Looking for something to use so I can play and/or record on my PC. Hopefully with good quality and some decent options. Under $400 if possible.
R&R forum please
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Technically I'm asking about gear and equipment but if it's better suited to the other section, by all means move it.
A decent mic + an xlr to usb interface (i'm using a shure sm57 + ART usb dual pre) will come out cheaper and still sound pretty decent.

Assuming you have an amp, and you like the tone coming out of it, of course.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Yeah I'm just looking for something I could use on just my PC when I'm away from my amp or go on trips.

Currently looking at Peavey ReValver MKIII and an M-Audio ProFire 610 interface.
then get a basic interface or anything that will allow you record direct(could even use a 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adapter and go direct to soundcard)

then scour the web for free amp sims and cab impulses

it will give you decent recordings for cheap
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I paid $144 for my Behringer V-amp, that's all I use sometimes - run stereo into my Line-In on my computer. I even use it for bass and keyboard tracks as well.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Quote by CatharsisStudio
use my impulses :O

and various free amp sims. that you can find BY READING THE rnr stickys cause that place has not become a peice of shit anymore thanks too beefmo, dream pin, and me :O

the fact that there are active mods in there does seem to help some too...

but yeah, read the stickies in R&R and you should have a good deal of information to work with. some info on good interfaces and lots of sim stuff to look into.