A question about this guitar
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EXP2KOGH/

and this

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ENSPHBCH/

i went to guitar center wanting the korina explorer, they didn't have it so i tried out that les paul and i really liked it. Now i know they should sound similar since they use the same pickup's and only a bit different wood's..

but what i really liked about the les paul was the neck, it was a nice comfortable feel..my question is does the korina explorer have the same size neck as the les paul? i know they have the same nut width and scale but am not sure if the neck would feel the same..

also just in your opinion which is an overall better guitar? i know they're not that different but your opinion will help

thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
the gibson explorer has a shallower neck so its easier to wrap your hand round. That was prob the best neck iv ever tried. it was just amazing. i have an epiphone les paul and the neck is still gr8 but i preffered the explorer. not sure about the epiphone explorer though. should be the same. worth checkin out though
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
the gibson explorer has a shallower neck so its easier to wrap your hand round. That was prob the best neck iv ever tried. it was just amazing. i have an epiphone les paul and the neck is still gr8 but i preffered the explorer. not sure about the epiphone explorer though. should be the same. worth checkin out though

thanks! that's what i've been trying to do but no one has the guitar lol! i've been drooling over the korina forever. But that les paul still sounded great, cranked out some lynyrd skynyrd, sounded just like the recording's, so now i'm hooked
My youtube channel

Quote by camaross427
thanks! that's what i've been trying to do but no one has the guitar lol! i've been drooling over the korina forever. But that les paul still sounded great, cranked out some lynyrd skynyrd, sounded just like the recording's, so now i'm hooked

No prob
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Explorers and Les pauls sound quite a bit different, don't use one to judge the sound of the other. Play them both first.
Quote by al112987
Explorers and Les pauls sound quite a bit different, don't use one to judge the sound of the other. Play them both first.

like i said the problem is i can't try the explorer..i figure they have similar woods and the same pickups by the same company for the same pricepoint so how much different could they be?
My youtube channel

korina and mahogany might have similar properties but a korina explorer vs. a mahogany les paul sound different, noticeably different, even with the same pickups. Same company and price point does not matter, I'm not saying one necessarily sounds better than the other but they sound different.
Quote by al112987
korina and mahogany might have similar properties but a korina explorer vs. a mahogany les paul sound different, noticeably different, even with the same pickups. Same company and price point does not matter, I'm not saying one necessarily sounds better than the other but they sound different.

ok, so in your opinion which would sound better for things say lynyrd skynyrd to metallica to ratt and motley crue?

what got me interested in the explorer in the first place was that rickey medlocke from lynyrd skynyrd uses one ( a gibson but i can't afford that so epiphone for me, and the fact that metallica uses a similar guitar ( gibson flying v) to record kill em all..and then after that pretty much any explorer with emg's
My youtube channel

Ive got an epiphone korina flying V and it has a great feel and a great action if you set it right. The neck is very comfortable and I play old 80s slayer and that on it and it works like a dream. If I were you i'd go for the explorer, be a little different. EVERYONE has a Les Paul and this has nothing to do with sound or feel but for the mental aspect of it you'd probably feel more right playing metallica and skynyrd on an explorer then a les paul
I like explorers, but i really love les pauls!

and skynyrd is like my favorite band
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I think your definately headed in the right direction but korina and mahogany aren't as similar as you think. They each are in the same end of the tone pool but both have their own distinct sounds. I would go for the explorer as the korina will give you a sound that is alittle less used.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
This is nuts. My opinion on which sounds better doesn't mean squat. Canvas the hell out of YouTube trying to pick up on the differences if you can't find a Korina Explorer to try in person.

If you've got to decide blindly then make sure you're buying from a reputable online retailer. Make sure they've got a good return policy because the last thing you want is to be stuck with a guitar you don't like after all.

Also, it might be worth telling the GC staff that you're very interested in possibly purchasing a Korina Explorer. They should be able to bring one in for you, even if you don't commit to buying it.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...