I'm looking into getting a gold Stetsbar for my Tokai, and I cannot be arsed with forking out £215 for one, I really don't think it's worth that. That's TEN weeks wages for me.

Anywhere you guys think I can pick one up for a price not so hefty? Like a used one for instance?
Thanks.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Nov 21, 2009,
Pretty sure I have a used black one sitting around that I bought, didn't like, and couldn't get rid of. I got a Kahler fitted instead.

I suggest you make very sure you know what a Stetsbar can and can't do, and if you're still sure you want one, we can talk about getting it over to you. I'm in Ireland, so it's not a huge deal.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
im not sure what it is but I'm just gonna say guitar fetish they have tons of cheap parts and people on here seem to be pretty happy with them
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Quote by La Qotsa
Pretty sure I have a used black one sitting around that I bought, didn't like, and couldn't get rid of. I got a Kahler fitted instead.

I suggest you make very sure you know what a Stetsbar can and can't do, and if you're still sure you want one, we can talk about getting it over to you. I'm in Ireland, so it's not a huge deal.

Well, how is the Kahler different to the Stets?
I've wanted a tremolo on my LP for ages, but I've never wanted to cut into it.

Also, after watching this, I was pretty convinced it should be able to do what I want it to.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
ebay?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I've noticed the Kahler requires routing, I don't want to cut into the body incase I ever decide to go back to a hardtail.

I've checked eBay several times, there's a black one going for £50, but I'd really like a Gold one to match my hardware.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
From trying it myself and vids like posted, I'm pretty sure it can do what you want. The Stetsbar is a kickass idea, but be warned: having finally tried one on an SG, it can be a bit of a tone sucker.
Quote by Flying Couch
it can be a bit of a tone sucker.

In what way?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
Well, how is the Kahler different to the Stets?
I've wanted a tremolo on my LP for ages, but I've never wanted to cut into it.

Also, after watching this, I was pretty convinced it should be able to do what I want it to.

As long as you're sure mate, Kahlers requiring routing, so you probably don't wanna touch that.

EDIT: I have a black one. :/ I suggest buying graphite saddles and a graphite nut to keep it in tune, too.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Last edited by La Qotsa at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Vauxite
In what way?

I noticed less sustain. Less than on the SG Standard it was next to. (The Stetsbar was on a Gibson SG Special.) That was the big one, but it seemed somewhat less crisp and full. If you're using a really awesome amp or putting it on a really awesome guitar, I don't think it'd be that big a deal. But it's worth considering.
I'm gonna save up for a stets instead of buying the Gold TOM first, and then the stets.
Urgh, this is gonna take FOREVER. It better be worth it.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
What are you wanting a stesbar for? Vai like dives and pulls or just some light vibrato?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
What are you wanting a stesbar for? Vai like dives and pulls or just some light vibrato?

Just some vibrato, i'm not really into divebombs.
It'l be similar to video linked to elsewhere in this thread.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Sounds like the tremolo for you then.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...