Hello,

I recently purchased a starter pack(Squier Affinity). I know it blows, I knew it before I bought it. I just wanted to to see if I'd enjoy learning before I get something decent. Well I do, I do so much my fingers hurt after every session and I'am finally getting calluses. Heres the deal. Sometimes I have problems playing certian chords, I can't get my fingers to stretch out to reach out over a couple of frets.

I just want to know is this something that gets better in terms of finger technique with experience since I'am not use to holding my fingers like that or something I just have to live with and find another way to do it. I'am 27 so I'am done growing.

I know some kids can play pretty damn good so I'd like to think there is hope for me.

Thanks
Last edited by i3oosted at Nov 21, 2009,
As you play more you'll get used to stretches and it'll be easier to play more complex chords and dexterous leads.I have small hands,and I play progressive and neo-classical metal on extended scale 7 strings,so you can trust me when I say it just takes practice.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Nov 21, 2009,
your hand size don't really matter, it is all practice. i have seen some people with the fattest, stubbiest hands you can find, shred the guitar to pieces.
i've got small hands aswell. I also play fast, haha. You'll get better, just practice.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
if you still have this problem in 6 months i'd be suprised.

if you do though, just shop around and youll probably find something more comfortable
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.