Hi

The Current String Tree on my Fender 50s Classic Player Stratocaster is causing to much friction, making the E and B strings go out of tune when I do bends.

The reason I know it is down to the String Tree is because when I string my guitar so that the strings do not go throught the String Tree, my guitar stays in tune perfectly.

Would you recommend a Roller String Tree or a Graphite one?

Thanks.
Get a roller string tree. They work great (I have them on my Highway 1 Strats) and they are probably easier to find than a graphite tree. They're probably cheaper, too.

You could also just take a small file to the underside of your stock string tree and smooth it up. That would likely eliminate your string friction problem.
Quote by FatalGear41
Get a roller string tree. They work great (I have them on my Highway 1 Strats) and they are probably easier to find than a graphite tree. They're probably cheaper, too.

You could also just take a small file to the underside of your stock string tree and smooth it up. That would likely eliminate your string friction problem.

Ok Thanks.
Are you sure its not your nut ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I actually have the exact same problem on the exact same guitar. Do you hear a little click when you bend? Cause it's the nut that does that.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I actually have the exact same problem on the exact same guitar. Do you hear a little click when you bend? Cause it's the nut that does that.

I've fixed it now! And it was the String Tree, not the nut.

To fix it, I just 'coloured in' the under side of the String Tree with a graphite pencil, this has stopped my guitar going out of tune. Now, I can bend as much as I want, AND use the whammy bar as much as I want. I really hope it stays like this.

Try it!