Page 1 of 2
What movie sequels do you think are overrated or underrated?

Overrated: Rocky IV. Seriously, this movie is so stupid and over the top (in a very bad way). The music doesn't quite fit and everything feels too 80's. In other words, this film is too corny.

Underrated: Back to the Future Part III. Everyone's favorite is the original and most people prefer part 2 over this one. I actually liked this one better than the second one. Most people hate part 3 because of the western setting. It make look less fun, but if you watch it for more than just eye candy, you'll be surprised at how much fun it truly is. Everytime I watch all three films in one sitting, I always find the second one to be kind of dull compared to the other two.
Last edited by sticksause at Nov 21, 2009,
Transformers 2 was greatly overrated. I don't know how the majority of you felt about it but a guy I worked with went and saw it when it came out, told me it was alright. I saw it a while ago and I disrespectfully disagree, it was absolute shit.
Quote by webbtje
Lol, this thread's title could just as well be "List a load of sequels!"

this.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Underrated - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Overrated - Wayne's World 2
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
I'm pretty sure no one liked Waynes world 2. it sucked.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Twilight: New Moon will never get the credit it deserves as a cinematic masterpiece

pretty sure that it sucked too... unless your a fan girl or have bisexual tendencies towards MALE vampires

fixed
Last edited by firebird103 at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Black Star

Overrated - Wayne's World 2

i dont think Empire is underrated at all.. i bet most would agree that is one of the best film sequels ever produced
Quote by firebird103
pretty sure that it sucked too... unless your a fan girl or have bisexual tendencies towards vampires

I'm afraid vampire is not a gender.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Back to the Future Part III was awesome!! haha. Part II there was just wayyy too much going on, it was kinda irritating.

The last Indiana Jones movie sucked. I don't care how people rated it, it was horrible.

And the second X-Files movie. I was looking forward to that so much. But guess what? NO ALIENS!!! Seriously? An X-Files movie that isn't focused on the main plot of the actual series? FAIL.
Quote by blizzboy
Back to the Future Part III was awesome!! haha. Part II there was just wayyy too much going on, it was kinda irritating.

Don't you hate how people automatically dislike part 3 just because it is a western?
Quote by sticksause
Don't you hate how people automatically dislike part 3 just because it is a western?

I didn't even realize people hated it, haha.
Quote by pepsi1187
i dont think Empire is underrated at all.. i bet most would agree that is one of the best film sequels ever produced

Meh, I know some people who think Episode III is the best.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Overrated: Transformers 2, obviously.

Underrated: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. While I do agree it was not as good as Raiders or Crusade, it was much better than Temple of Doom. Critics didn't rate it that great, but I think they took it out of context. Of course it was different from the other Indianas, it'd been like 15 years, but still it was a great movie... just not a great Indiana Jones movie.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by Random3
Not overrated, but the best sequals of all time IMO are Aliens, Terminator 2 and Star Wars V.

The newest Rambo film is also badass

Terminator 2 was shit, it was much too family friendly.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by King Twili
Terminator 2 was shit, it was much too family friendly.

Family friendly?! How is this?

Even if you can construct a flawless argument as to how T2 is family friendly, it's the ONLY sequal in the history of movies to even be nominated for an Oscar, when the original wasn't nominated at all. T2 was nominated for, and won, 4 Oscars.
Quote by Random3

Even if you can construct a flawless argument as to how T2 is family friendly, it's the ONLY sequal in the history of movies to even be nominated for an Oscar, when the original wasn't nominated at all. T2 was nominated for, and won, 4 Oscars.

It was also (at the time) one of the most expensive movies ever made.
Quote by Moggan13
It was also (at the time) one of the most expensive movies ever made.

And it still grossed 5X more than it cost. It is by far one the greatest movies ever.

Underated: Jurassic Part 2, so what if it is extremely far fetched. I found it very fun and entertaining. Now, the first is still the best and the third still stinks.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
The Omen 3: The Final Conflict

Totally underrated. Solid movie with one of the most chilling endings I've ever seen.
Quote by Random3

Return of the King? The Dark Knight? Get your facts straight.

Overrated: The Dark Knight. Good, but still.

Underrated: Definitely Back to the Future III
Quote by michaelbot9000

i wish i had a pen when i went to the washroom..
I've done it. You can touch me if you wish.
Quote by Random3

I can see family friendly, although I wouldn't let a young kid watch it. They added little "funny" moments like most big blockbuster summer movies do. I'm not sure if that makes it family friendly, but it was different from the original in those regards.

Plus, I'm pretty sure you're wrong on the Oscar thing. And even then, winning Oscars doesn't make a movie good or not overrated. Slumdog Millionaire won a shit ton of Oscars and that movie sucked.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by RhAndroid
Anyone heard of Evil Dead II?

Brilliant sequal.

I can't believe I forgot that!

And Army of Darkness, while we're at it. Definitely underrated.
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by RhAndroid
Anyone heard of Evil Dead II?

Brilliant sequal.

all three of the Evil Dead films are Brilliant and all for such different reasons!!
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
Quote by element4433
I've done it. You can touch me if you wish.I can see family friendly, although I wouldn't let a young kid watch it. They added little "funny" moments like most big blockbuster summer movies do. I'm not sure if that makes it family friendly, but it was different from the original in those regards.

Plus, I'm pretty sure you're wrong on the Oscar thing. And even then, winning Oscars doesn't make a movie good or not overrated. Slumdog Millionaire won a shit ton of Oscars and that movie sucked.

I was allowed to watch Terminator 2 when i was 6, but my dad wouldn't let me watch the first one.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by Black Star

Really?

Everyone says this is the best film, it's probably overrated.
Quote by Trudogger
Return of the King? The Dark Knight? Get your facts straight

The key phrase in what I said was "when the original wasn't nominated at all". T2 was nominated for and won 4 Oscars, T1 wasn't nominated for any. This makes T2 the only film to have ever been nominated for/won any Oscars, when the original wasn't nominated for any.
Quote by bulldozerbob
Really?

Everyone says this is the best film, it's probably overrated.

Once again, I've already responded to this. Most people around where I live who watch Star Wars worship Episode III. That's why I consider it underrated.

Overall, it might not be. But around here, it is.
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by Black Star
Once again, I've already responded to this. Most people around where I live who watch Star Wars worship Episode III. That's why I consider it underrated.

Overall, it might not be. But around here, it is.

Episode III is good, the dialogue is just pretty shitty. I think it's pretty good overall though, but it definitely isn't as good as the first 3.
Quote by sticksause

People disliked it because it was a western? I loved it because it was a western!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Page 1 of 2