Page 1 of 2
Not sure if it's been done before, but here goes...

What's YOUR DREAM bass?

I'd really love to try one of these babies...

"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
one I made.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Dream production bass or dream anything bass?

Production model: G&L ASAT
If I could have anything: Headless G&L ASAT with a carbon/graphite body and neck, with the body tinted orange.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Right now it doesn't much matter what the bass is, all I want is it to be decked out with 7 or 9 strings and on each string a detuner that can detune to various different intervals. Probably some soapbarish pickups.
Musicman stingray 5 in black with a black pickguard and a maple neck. Yum
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
TS you want to try an old fat man?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Right now it doesn't much matter what the bass is, all I want is it to be decked out with 7 or 9 strings and on each string a detuner that can detune to various different intervals. Probably some soapbarish pickups.

So, a Hyperbass, maybe?
Its betweeen a Gibson Thunderbird or a Fender Mike Dirnt P-bass its just so goddamn cool imo.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Well if it had:
-34 inch scale
-Graphite Neck
-Fanned frets
-Zero nut
-3 band pre with sweep for mid
-1MM, 2Js, and a P pickup
-cocobolo top
-ergonomically designed body
Spaz they dont make the 5 strings in sunburst.

A shuker Jazz custom, 5 strings, 24 fret maple fretboard and neck, Ash body with zebra wood back and natural finished quilt maple on the top, MM humbucker and single coil nordstrand pickups. 3 band eq Aguilar or nordstrand. High mass bridge. Matching headstock. Narrow string spacing with a thin neck.

Also a 19th century Double bass with a K&K pickup, I played one at my luithers was amzing, such a big deep sound, and amazing playability.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
As far as production models go, either a Warwick Infinity 5 string or Drozd Barcelona 5 string.

Custom... ooooooooh....

Warwick Vampyre NT 5 string, solid AAAAA Flamed Koa body, matched headstock, 5 piece flamed maple/wenge neck, wenge fretboard, gold hardware, Warwick piezo bridge, Nordstrand dual coil/ angled NJ5 pickups, Nordstrand 3B-4b preamp, satin oil finish.

I really don't want much.
Quote by Halakar
So, a Hyperbass, maybe?

Exactly, except with a few more strings. Waitaminute! I just looked on Zon's website and all Manring has on his signature Zon bass are Hipshot bass X-tenders?! I would've thought they'd been something really crazy, but if you can do that shit with bass X-tenders... Ideeeeeeeeeeeaaa!
^he also has that bridge, jazzy.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Since I am getting the upright for Christmas (on a payment plan)...my dream bass?

Either a Carl Thompson fretted 5 string or a Spector NS-5XL USA 5-String Bass, Black Cherry.

A P bass with an MM in the bridge postition, like an American Deluxe P. Black body, a dark wooden pickguard, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, lefty, Drop D tuner, D'addario flats, and John Entwistle's signature on the head (it's a dream bass, come on).
A SR body, thin neck, 35" scale length, Seymour Duncan blackouts 5, Ibanez Monorail V Bridge, Gotoh compact tuners, 24 Jumbo frets, Ebony fretboard, Mahogany body, Bartolini Active circuitry, Black with blood red pinstripes, Dunlop Stainless Steel Strings 45-130.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Production model:

but a 5 string with Z1 pickup spacing (a neck and a bridge pickup, instead of 2 bridge pickups) (and yes, I'm pretty sure they do that)

Or maybe an October Guitars John Gallagher sig. They're not out yet but they'll be like this:

And have 8 strings and a trem.

Custom:
The Dingwall, but neck through with a Pau Ferro fretboard, 27 frets, a custom Kahler trem and one of these neck system things.

Its the epitome of excess, and thats how I like it

EDIT: and I'd string it with those Optima Gold plated strings, partly because they're awesome strings, and partly to add to the excess of it all
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Last edited by kugelspot at Nov 22, 2009,
Mine... Well..
Standart model:
Spector USA NS-6XL in Black cherry finish

Custom shop:
*Six string 35" scale; 24 frets
*I'm not sure. I'm happy with my alder bass, haven't really had the chance to play anything really better, so can't really comment
*Set-o big fat EMG humbuckers, piezo pickups too
*3-band active EQ
*Finish... I don't really want a natural finish bass, but I also don't want a plain colored piece of wood. I'd say say some bright green tinting, but so that I could see the wood texture.
*Brass hardware
*On the fretboard I'd love just a simple bass clef on the 12th fret. And I'd want my fretboard to be as dark as possible
Music Man Stingray 5 HH
Gun-Metal Blue
Gold Hardware
24 frets!
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
CS Warwick Streamer LX with humbuckers. BAM.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Quote by anarkee
Since I am getting the upright for Christmas (on a payment plan)...my dream bass?

Either a Carl Thompson fretted 5 string or a Spector NS-5XL USA 5-String Bass, Black Cherry.

(Invalid img)

Close enough?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
i think im the only one with achievable buyable basses that i will prolly end up getting when i get a job as an junior architect or civil engineer :P (2 years away tho sadly who knows i might get a break at the big shot lifes a funny thing)

I still always have random thoughts of selling my stereo which is massive to get a P-bass well the Mike Dirnt one specifically cause its got good set of specs plays well and i love the neck design :P
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Im going to have to change what I said my dream bass is. It is still a musicman stingray 5 but with an ebony fretboard, 24 frets, The color would be like their black cheery color option but instead of red it would have purple. Now that is my dream bass!
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Realistic dream bass
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I'd say: a custom shop Spector.

Specs:
-Neck-thru, maple body and neck.
-Purpleburst finish, rosewood fretboard.
-Block inlays.
-6 string, set up for F#BEADG.
-Bartolini pups for that smooth tone.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666
I'd say: a custom shop Spector.

Specs:
-Neck-thru, maple body and neck.
-Purpleburst finish, rosewood fretboard.
-Block inlays.
-6 string, set up for F#BEADG.
-Bartolini pups for that smooth tone.

Nice choice. I'd also opt for a custom shop Spector with:

-Maple body
-Carbon fibre/graphite 35 inch scale neck
-5 string
-Active EMG pickups with Tone Pump pre
-Green Burst finish
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding

*drools*

I like me a walnut jazz bass with an MM humbucker in the bridge

stratkat
Quote by Deliriumbassist
As far as production models go, either a Warwick Infinity 5 string or Drozd Barcelona 5 string.

Custom... ooooooooh....

Warwick Vampyre NT 5 string, solid AAAAA Flamed Koa body, matched headstock, 5 piece flamed maple/wenge neck, wenge fretboard, gold hardware, Warwick piezo bridge, Nordstrand dual coil/ angled NJ5 pickups, Nordstrand 3B-4b preamp, satin oil finish.

I really don't want much.

lawl, I totally agree with you on the bass though. I'd love to have a custom Vampyre. Though I might choose a different wood, not sure, but it all sounds amazing.
I also think that LEDs would be a nice touch, since this is the dream bass after all.

Quote by dark Mass
A SR body, thin neck, 35" scale length, Seymour Duncan blackouts 5, Ibanez Monorail V Bridge, Gotoh compact tuners, 24 Jumbo frets, Ebony fretboard, Mahogany body, Bartolini Active circuitry, Black with blood red pinstripes, Dunlop Stainless Steel Strings 45-130.

Also, DROOL
this sounds amazing!!!!!
i wish it was real!!!!!!!!

Quote by kugelspot
Production model:

but a 5 string with Z1 pickup spacing (a neck and a bridge pickup, instead of 2 bridge pickups) (and yes, I'm pretty sure they do that)

Custom:
The Dingwall, but neck through with a Pau Ferro fretboard, 27 frets, a custom Kahler trem and one of these neck system things.

Its the epitome of excess, and thats how I like it

EDIT: and I'd string it with those Optima Gold plated strings, partly because they're awesome strings, and partly to add to the excess of it all

And I just jizzed my pants
"The bass player is the guy in the band that generally has the biggest penis" - Les Claypool
Last edited by Raccio14 at Nov 24, 2009,
Model- Warwick Corvette
Body Wood- walnut with a maple stripe on top of layered bubinga, wenge, purpleheart, wenge, bubinga, then the walnut, maple, walnut wood on back. The maple strip goes al the way through, as it is part of the neck.
Neck Wood- Maple with a purpleheart stripe running down.
Neck- Fender P-Bass C shaped neck-thru
Fingerboard- Brazilian Rosewood
Headstock- Regular Warwick headstock with and Abalone "W"
Inlays- Abalone PRS style birds
Pickups- Active MEC J/J setup
Strings- 4
Bridge and Tuners- Warwick stock
Hardware and Fret Color- Bell Brass

This thing would look sick, if you understand how the body wood is laid out. I know it's kind of complicated.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Being a lefty I've got quite a few dream basses :P

I'd love to have a Rickenbacker 4003, a Schecter Stargazer, or a Fender Jaguar.

P.S. If anyone knows where I can purchase a FENDER Jaguar, I'll love you f'rever.
Page 1 of 2