Right, I've got an event coming up in two and a half months and I know that the Rush song Afterimage would be perfect.

I can play guitar but I've only recently got an electric guitar. Could I REALISTICALLY learn this song in this time?
Of course you can learn it in that amount of time. In fact, if you practice it seriously, you should be able to play it in your sleep after two and a half months.
Quote by FatalGear41
Of course you can learn it in that amount of time. In fact, if you practice it seriously, you should be able to play it in your sleep after two and a half months.

Yaay!

Well, better start practicing....it's either this or kidnapping Alex Lifeson and asking for guitar lessons.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Well, better start practicing....it's either this or kidnapping Alex Lifeson and asking for guitar lessons.

While I cannot condone kidnapping, Alex does offer lessons of a sort - at least, for a few Rush tunes:
http://www.ivideosongs.com/

They have video lessons of Alex Lifeson himself demonstrating The Spirit of Radio, Limelight and Tom Sawyer.
If you need to ask, then probably not.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by FatalGear41
While I cannot condone kidnapping, Alex does offer lessons of a sort - at least, for a few Rush tunes:
http://www.ivideosongs.com/

They have video lessons of Alex Lifeson himself demonstrating The Spirit of Radio, Limelight and Tom Sawyer.

I think I love you.
Practice practice practice. No guarantees, but you should be good.

Find an easier Plan B though, just in case you feel really jittery that night.
Quote by jean_genie
Practice practice practice. No guarantees, but you should be good.

Find an easier Plan B though, just in case you feel really jittery that night.

Well my backup is singing My Father's Eyes by Eric Clapton on the acoustic.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Well my backup is singing My Father's Eyes by Eric Clapton on the acoustic.

*** That's almost as bad as me bumbling through Uncle John's Band when my grandmother's brother John died.

EDIT: Huh. Guess the censor catches the three-letter word for gaywad. Apparently it has no sense of humour.

EDIT 2: But I guess I can say gaywad. Which I'd think would be way more offensive, since I've never heard a gay guy refer to another gay guy that way.
Last edited by jean_genie at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Yaay!

Realize that your going to need to get some signal processing (i.e digital delay, reverb, compressor) to get his effects and tone if you play anything off that album, or else it won't sound like the song.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Two months is plenty, you could learn it in 2-3 days.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
In a totally unrelated note...
I'm sorry Tango 616 but Zerg>Terran and Protoss (btw can't wait for SC2 )

To the OP, depends on how long you have been playing to begin with. But if your reasonably good then you should have plenty of time to learn and master that song. Now if you were talking about being able to play Xenochrist by The Faceless in that amount of time you might be F'd... lol
Best of luck to you
Quote by Techofthegods
In a totally unrelated note...
I'm sorry Tango 616 but Zerg>Terran and Protoss (btw can't wait for SC2 )

To the OP, depends on how long you have been playing to begin with. But if your reasonably good then you should have plenty of time to learn and master that song. Now if you were talking about being able to play Xenochrist by The Faceless in that amount of time you might be F'd... lol
Best of luck to you

lol, the thing is, they were designed extremely well so that they all balanced each other out on all fronts. Although the only thing I can think of that really rocks and no other race has is the Terran Nuke... aside from that, and back on topic...

You should be able to learn it... I've never heard the song though, and the only way we could really give you a measure of how hard it'd be is if we knew the limits of your ability. Even then, you still can really practice in that time to make it

EDIT: You can definitely learn it... even look at the music video, it's just them playing it, and you can practically see what Alex plays since there are so many close ups on his fret board, lol. Good luck!
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Nov 22, 2009,
2 and a 1/2 months too learn one song, consider yourself fortunate, i`ve gotta learn 6 by wednesday and only got the the songlist on thursday
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Nov 22, 2009,