Page 1 of 2
So UG, today I got a job as a christmas temp in Argos. YAY............................

I noticed when I was waiting for the interview they had a list of rules regarding dress code/appearance and what not. One of the rules was that male employees MUST be clean shaven which leads me to a bit of a problem...

It is very difficult to clean shave my facial hair even when using a hair trimmer AND a razir. Even if i was to manage it... it grows back in pretty noticably within a few hours, sometimes less.

THEREFORE: Could this potentially be an issue?
Its not exactly my fault I have retardedly quick growing facial hair is it now?
Top lel.
Tell them to **** themselvs, movember takes priority.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by webbtje
No. Just shave in the morning.

im serious man, it grows back very noticably between 1 and 3 hours usually.

NOT A JOKE.
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
im serious man, it grows back very noticably between 1 and 3 hours usually.

NOT A JOKE.

So bring a razor with you? Not very hard.

If you turn up clean shaven growing stubble during the day ain't going to lose you a job.
Quote by webbtje
So bring a razor with you?

Not very hard.

Do you have any idea what shaving four times a day would do to your face?
Quote by urbanfox

I think it would be quite a Risk to have Mustaine as president... We all know that Killing Is His Business (And Business Is Good), which would invariably lead to the Countdown to Exctinction... Then again, The World Needs A Hero...

hmm... lol

edit: probably me masses of cuts and sh*t which would look far worse yet way more br00t4lz than facial hair?
Top lel.
if you leave it for a week, will you look like billy gibbons?
god loves the working man. unfortunately, that puts me in deep crap.

you sir, may c*m blood, but i sh*t diamonds, guess which is more painful. especially after curry.

+ =
I thought the thread was going to be about something a lot better than this. =/

*grabs coat and top hat*

I say, good-day to you sir!

On Topic, it really depends on 2 things: your manager, and the company policy on facial hair.
Quote by the memory
hmm... lol

edit: probably me masses of cuts and sh*t which would look far worse yet way more br00t4lz than facial hair?

If you have absolutely no interest in women whatsoever, then by all means go for it!
Quote by urbanfox

I think it would be quite a Risk to have Mustaine as president... We all know that Killing Is His Business (And Business Is Good), which would invariably lead to the Countdown to Exctinction... Then again, The World Needs A Hero...

Quote by kirkwannabe
Do you have any idea what shaving four times a day would do to your face?

Electric razor. Copious amounts of lotion. Problem solved.
What they mean is, they don't want any substantial man fuzz.

Man fuzz which has grown throughout the day is fine, even if it borderlines 'substancial', if it is what you make it to be...
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Man i'll need a f***ing hedgetrimmer in my bag at all times in this case...
Top lel.
Dude I'm pretty sure when they say clean shaven they mean don't have a huge beard. I'm sure they aren't going to care about a 5 o clock shadow.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
Quote by sg255
Tell them to **** themselvs, movember takes priority.

do the first part, frankly it's disciminatory they can't tell you what to they can only advise you of what they would like to see, if you get fired for having a beard sue their ass to hell for discrimination just because you want to have facial hair
Quote by britishsligean
do the first part, frankly it's disciminatory they can't tell you what to they can only advise you of what they would like to see, if you get fired for having a beard sue their ass to hell for discrimination just because you want to have facial hair

lololololol

It's not like they would be refusing to employ him because he's black. It would be refusing to employ him because they want employees who look presentable and nondescript. That's not fucking discrimination.
Quote by britishsligean

the options are, shave or don't take the job.

Unless you've got a real reason for not shaving then you have no chance. And by real reason I mean, religious or medical. And if you say religion it has to be an officially recognised religion and you'll have to show evidence of that. Otherwise they'll basically laugh at you and tell you make sure you don't leave any of your things on the way out.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by brady12345
well this sure is a hairy situation

hahahahhahahahahahaha

yeah its a difficult situation i guess. Pretty retarded though...
Obviously full beards arent that great but a little stubble, COME ON!
Top lel.
Clean shaven usually just means no mustach or beard (when we're talking about men ) so don't worry; when companies request this it's either a sanitary thing or an image thing... those stubbles are not going to fall out or present you as being unprofessional. If you really want to stay spiffy just bring a rechargable electric razor... any more about this and your just being stupid.

Your boss will see you clean and presentable in the morning and realize on his/her own that you have heavy growth that has nothing to do with being a slob.
~JP~
Last edited by Jammy Pige at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by the memory

hahahahhahahahahahaha

yeah its a difficult situation i guess. Pretty retarded though...
Obviously full beards arent that great but a little stubble, COME ON!

seriously, they're not going to moan. If they do, they'll only tell you to shave at which point you say "I did, this morning. it just grows really quickly. I'll take a picture tomorrow morning with the paper just to show you I've shaved in the morning"

They're not going to sack you on the spot.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
the options are, shave or don't take the job.

Unless you've got a real reason for not shaving then you have no chance. And by real reason I mean, religious or medical. And if you say religion it has to be an officially recognised religion and you'll have to show evidence of that. Otherwise they'll basically laugh at you and tell you make sure you don't leave any of your things on the way out.

well if that was where i live it would be different one guy got €10000 for being fired and being given the nickname "say what" only because other workers couldn't understand him, he lost the money in the end because the the reason he was fired was justified
Quote by britishsligean
well if that was where i live it would be different one guy got €10000 for being fired and being given the nickname "say what" only because other workers couldn't understand him, he lost the money in the end because the the reason he was fired was justified

Er... duh? Of course he lost the money if it was actually justified?
Quote by britishsligean

so essentially he sued them for being bullied, and then lost on appeal.

how is this relevant?

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
so essentially he sued them for being bullied, and then lost on appeal.

how is this relevant?

the point is that stupid things where i live end up in massive payouts, especially with things like having some facial hair
Quote by britishsligean
the point is that stupid things where i live end up in massive payouts, especially with things like having some facial hair

But it didn't end up with a massive payout... because he lost.

Quote by element4433
Quote by britishsligean

Not really, considering he didn't get the payout because he wasn't fired for having a funny accent.

And it's completely irrelevant anyway. Employer asks you not to look scruffy. You continue to look scruffy and customers don't like it. You are fired. Such is life. Deal with it.
omg dude i just started as a christmas temp at argos
its well good working there but i had a similar problem, they didnt like the spiked eyebrow bar i wear but i cant take out my piercing or it will heal so now i try to hide a retainer i bought which is clear and barely noticable

anyway yeah i would just shave to be on the safe side cos its a nice place to work.
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Most places seem to treat facial piercings the same but don't care about ear ones

I guess i'll find out on thursday at my induction day
Top lel.
Either you can shave and have the opportunity to make some cash or sit at home with your scruff.

The choice is yours. If you don't take it, somebody else gladly will.
You do realise all employees have to dress up as elves at Christmas...?
YNWA
Argos at christmas?

Shaving issues should be way down your list of worries.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Page 1 of 2