.. i just bought guitar n start with alot of thing
..and i shocked when i ve seen that letters like
A B C D E F G
and #

ON scale fret map :Z ..

pls tell me wat that letters mean?--
i know the name of strings E B G D A e

so ..wat that letters mean?
some one tell me if u know wat that mean i can play all scale :C .. is that real?

.. PLS HELP ME--

and .. how it take to play chord N move my fingers from chord to another ..
and if anyOne ve advice ..pls tell me
uh man sorry -- but really im in collage n .. i don't ve alot of time to hangout with guitar :C that sad--- so i just ve 3 h in the midof night who's the teacher 'll give me lesson in mid of night.. ---so im asking for helping here
Can you please type legibly? No one knows what the hell you're saying.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
I think it's a language problem, guys. His profile suggests that English is probably not his first language...

The letters coordinate to the individual notes that the guitar can play...it sounds like you do not have any concept of notation though so it might be better for you to find someone who can help you with those concepts in your own language. I'm sure there are a bunch of web resources too...

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
have a look at this

http://guitarsecrets.com/all_notes.htm

should explain what the notes mean but if you can get some lessons that might help. if you cant afford that no worries as many people are self taught ....as the guy above said though there is loads of stuff on the web to help you out.

good luck
take some music theory fundamental classes at your university or college.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
i thought everyone knew the notes... either that or im confused about what is needed to make music...

Basicly... in western music (what is mainly used in Europe & America (& else where too..) there are 12 notes. These consist of 7 normal notes (A, B, C, D, E, F, G) & 5 flats (b) & sharps (#).. (A# (or Bb), C# (or Db), D# (or Eb), F# (or Gb), G#(or Ab))*.
There is no B# (or Cb) or E# (or Fb)! (well there is.. but I'm not going into that... thats advanced).
Look at a picture of a keyboard. The black notes are Flats/Sharps*. & the white notes are normal notes. These notes apply to any western instrument (other instruments have more notes), like the guitar. You know the string names so you should be able to figure out the rest, if you use this...

A, A#/Bb, B, C, C#/Db, D, D#/Eb, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab

The difference between one note to the next note is called half a step (indicated by 1 fret on the guitar.. & one key on the piano). From one note to a note 1 away from the next is called a step (e.g: from 1st fret to 3rd fret).
So the 1st fret on the low E string is a... F! The 2nd fret is a... F# OR a Gb. They are exactly the same.

Hope I helped!

* = sharps and flats are the same. sharp means higher. flat means lower.

EDIT: For help with chord changes (etc.) go on this... (Click Here!)
Last edited by Fieryhead at Nov 23, 2009,