115 19%
Voters: 594.
Page 1 of 10
Yes.

Reasons:

1.Delicious food,
2.Free stuff,
3.Pretty lights everywhere.
Yes, because I think Christmas has evolved in many ways with the country's culture, so it now means more than just about Jesus' birth
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
I think Christmas is something everyone can enjoy. I know it started out as something religious, but it seems now it's more about fun and appreciating others whilst giving each other presents.

I don't think you have to be too religous to celebrate it. But if you're very religious and it's not in your religion... then sit it out I suppose.
what does jesus have to do with christmas

jk
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Basically, what sonsie said, Christmas is part of a culture more than religious reasons. Plus gifts, food, and other junk
Christmas is a pretty commercial thing these days, so I'd say so

Bringing the family together for sweet food and free stuff is good too.
who's jesus? i celebrate it because of santa claus.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
If it were like that, Christians shouldn't be allowed to celebrate Halloween.

Why can't we Christians be more open-minded? This is what gives us a bad image
Yes, as it is for some familys the only time they get together and have a good time.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Why would I not believe in Santa's son?

People probably shouldn't to be honest, but then again it is something that brings happiness to alot of people even without the religious backgrounds...
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
If it had anything to do with religion anymore, I'd say no. But, since it's about getting together, stuffing your face, and giving gifts, I don't see why not. It would also complicate matters such as in my case where I'm not religious, but everyone else in the household is.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Yes I do, because for one thing, Jesus wasn't even born that day.
And instead of calling it Christmas i generally just call it X-Mas.
I celebrate it as more of Valentine's Day type thing I suppose.
Yes.

Religion is stupid.
Christmas is not.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
how many christians celebrate the true meaning of christmas? for most people christmas is about gifts and santa claus so wheter your christian or not makes no difference.

even if christmas holds no value to you, you should probably have dinner with your family at least once a year...
I'M A COWBOY
Well seeing as how Christmas was originaly a Pagan winter festival and that it's quite likely that Jesus was actualy born during a completely different time of year and that the typical Christmas celebrations still contains elements of that Pagan festival such as a feast, the bringing indoors of evergreens such as holly and the burning of the Yule log, maybe we should be asking if Christians should be celebrating Christmas?
Quote by jamesfarr
Explain
I probably should have said the poll was stupid

Voting yes is akin to saying that all non-Christians should (as opposed to 'are within their rights to') celebrate Christmas.

stratkat
Well, considering Christmas isn't even the actual birth of Jesus, and was created to discredit the pagan Winter solstice celebration, I don't personally see it as a very religious holiday. I think there's much more to Christmas than the religious part of it. It's also a celebration of family, friends, peace and love in my opinion. Now, if it were a strictly religious holiday, then I'd say no. For this reason I do not observe Easter. Also considering the other cultural holidays in the same time period (Kwanza, Hanukkah, etc.), I think celebration is appropriate this time of year, even if you don't have a reason.

EDIT: I'm an agnostic, and I still observe Christmas, but not the religious side of it.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Nov 21, 2009,
I voted no!
I'm an atheist, so therefore you can see that there isn't really a reason I should celebrate it. A lot of people that believe in other religions still celebrate it & I don't see the point. It's been turned into a winter festival kind of thing, rather than a religious festival that it's supposed to be.

I raised this point with my Mother a month or two ago, but she tried her hardest to avoid answering any questions & just walked off basically. Which is sort of weird, because if she went along with it, she wouldn't have to buy me expensive guitars/amps/etc. for absolutely no reason But of course I'm going to ask for something if there's a chance I might actually get it
fuuuuckkkk yeahhhhhh

Quote by _-Joey-_
I voted no!
I'm an atheist, so therefore you can see that there isn't really a reason I should celebrate it. A lot of people that believe in other religions still celebrate it & I don't see the point. It's been turned into a winter festival kind of thing, rather than a religious festival that it's supposed to be.

Which is why believing in Jesus isn't a big deal. Watch any shitty Christmas special and the moral of the story will be that "spending time with the people you love and being selfless ect" is what xmas is all about. No one gives a dick bout jesus any more.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Last edited by tremeloud at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by chaoticfables
If it were like that, Christians shouldn't be allowed to celebrate Halloween.

Why can't we Christians be more open-minded? This is what gives us a bad image

i dont care if we have a bad image...
Quote by _-Joey-_
I voted no!

I raised this point with my Mother a month or two ago, but she tried her hardest to avoid answering any questions & just walked off basically. Which is sort of weird, because if she went along with it, she wouldn't have to buy me expensive guitars/amps/etc. for absolutely no reason But of course I'm going to ask for something if there's a chance I might actually get it

You.....don't like presents?

WTF is wrong with you!?!?!?!
Quote by EuBoat
I probably should have said the poll was stupid

Voting yes is akin to saying that all non-Christians should (as opposed to 'are within their rights to') celebrate Christmas.

Oh
what's a jebus?

It's more to do with being together as a family and everyone in general being dead nice as opposed to religion, which is good
Last edited by Matt-92 at Nov 21, 2009,
No, that's insulting to the true origins of Christmas. Let's put the same situation into another perspective: should gentiles celebrate Chanukah? No. If you want to share the beliefs of a religion, you've got to be willing to devote yourself to it as a whole.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
that's like asking if non-catholic people celebrate St.Valentine's Day or St.Patrick's Day
it's not like some super sacred day, just a celebration and if people want to celebrate even if they don't care about the meaning of what we Christians are celebrating that's fine with me
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by the1
You.....don't like presents?

WTF is wrong with you!?!?!?!

No, I do like presents, but we only get presents because of Christmas, which I don't see the point in celebrating, because I don't believe in Jesus & all that crap (using "crap" as a collective term, not meaning to offend anyone that believes in God/Jesus/etc.)
Quote by mfkr
Yes.

Religion is stupid.
Christmas is not.

this.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Either way Christmas isn't even really about Christ anymore.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I