I was looking around for keyboards and after leaving Sam Ash decided to go into Guitar Center to see what they had. There were a few I liked, but I had decided I was going to wait before I bought one. Before I left, I went to check the used gear section. I was surprised to find a Bogner Metropolis, and quickly became $1400 poorer.

This thing is love. It's such a huge leap up in tone from the 30w Peavey Vyper I was using. I play a PRS SE Custom 24, which sounded fine through the Vyper, but the Bogner really makes it come alive in ways I never imagined. The tone I get is impossibly screaming warmth and vibrancy, the amp itself is very responsive to my picking style, and when I push it with my Nady TD-1 overdrive, I feel like I'm going to die of unworthiness. It's worth every penny. Sorry if I'm gushing and drooling over it a bit much, but I'm in love.

Oh wow that looks cool. I love the plate seems really quirky.
Not seen a half decent NAD for a while!
HNAD sir!

EDIT: CLIPS!!!!
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Wow! Very Happy NAD to you. Any chance of clips?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Awesome!

I've never seen one of these before, they don't seem to be very popular. What kind of tones does it get?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Sweet looking amp d00d.

The knob labelling reminds me of Gotham and Bioshock.

HNAD
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Thanks guys

Quote by MatrixClaw
Awesome!

I've never seen one of these before, they don't seem to be very popular. What kind of tones does it get?

It's not a high gain amp. I love the jazzy cleans I get, and it does great justice to classic rock. I'm still trying out all the different settings (the Schizo knob has five different settings that give the amp different feels), and unfortunately I can't crank it while people are sleeping, so I haven't been able to open up the full possibilities of the amp yet. I just couldn't wait to post about it.

What gets me most is the warmth. The tone is hard for me to describe, it makes my PRS come alive but seems more suitable for a Fender Strat or Tele. No matter what artist I try to sound like, it always has its' own unique flavoring in the mix. With the overdrive pedal I can also do hard rock and metal, and sounds very crunchy.

I'll try to get clips when I've an opportunity to really push it, but all I've got to record with is a digital camera so the quality won't be doing it justice.
Quote by DSO
Thanks guys

It's not a high gain amp. I love the jazzy cleans I get, and it does great justice to classic rock. I'm still trying out all the different settings (the Schizo knob has five different settings that give the amp different feels), and unfortunately I can't crank it while people are sleeping, so I haven't been able to open up the full possibilities of the amp yet. I just couldn't wait to post about it.

What gets me most is the warmth. The tone is hard for me to describe, it makes my PRS come alive but seems more suitable for a Fender Strat or Tele. No matter what artist I try to sound like, it always has its' own unique flavoring in the mix. With the overdrive pedal I can also do hard rock and metal, and sounds very crunchy.

I'll try to get clips when I've an opportunity to really push it, but all I've got to record with is a digital camera so the quality won't be doing it justice.

so basicly warm,jazzy bogner tone
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Jealous.

Happy-unexpected-new-amp-day!
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Very nice! congrats! What year is it? And what is the 'Shizo' knob used for? Is it like a bright switch or what?
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Lol, what's that 'Schizo' knob on it?

However, HNAD!
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Rockerdude22
Very nice! congrats! What year is it? And what is the 'Shizo' knob used for? Is it like a bright switch or what?

Looks like the mid control.
A really nice NAD!
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Looks like the mid control.

The schizo actually is a brightness switch, it goes from brightest on one side to dark and sweet on the other. It's a first series reverb model, what was the mid control became the reverb control, so it really has no mid control. Despite that, the tonal range hasn't seemed to suffer much. The reverb is very organic and awesome sounding, so I don't think it was a bad trade off at all.