Page 1 of 2
Given the large community on UG, I assume there's at least a good chunk. I'm just curious to see who's gotten sponsored and by what companies?
Rob Chappers occasionally appears on these forums and hes currently endorsed by Marshall and D'addario but used to be endorsed by Orange. I'm sure there's also a couple other brands there too.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
ihas27frets (Peter Joseph - The Absence) WAS endorsed by Ibanez but he is now with Shur guitars
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
ihas27frets (Peter Joseph - The Absence) WAS endorsed by Ibanez but he is now with Suhr guitars

Yeah, I heard about that

There are all different type of artist deals that companies offer, it varies from company to artist.
Last edited by ihave27frets at Nov 28, 2009,
if my local music store counts i get a discount because i'm dedicated to them and they asked me to take it so elixr's for me are 2 packs for eight bucks
I'm a featured artist for Catalinbread and our drummer is endorsed by Shine Drums
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Guitar_Jester
My band is endorsed by Macbeth.

thats cool. i love macbeth shoes
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Not me, but a friend of mine's band is endorsed by ESP. Freaking awesome, their making custom guitars for them.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Hey I was curious about the whole endorsement thing. How does it work? Is it the record company that gives you the opportunity to be approached by instrument/amps companies? I always wondered, someone care to explain? We don't get many endorsers here in Italy...
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
Actually, I've been wondering, I know with big companies like Dean, Ibanez, Engl & Orange, you're going to need a record contract to get anywhere with them. But, how hard is it to get with smaller companies, like say Blackstar, Bareknuckles, or Fernandes? Could any people who have endorsements offer some advice as to how to go about getting them? Not so much for free guitars/basses/amps etc. but more for advertising purposes.
Most companies want to know your going to play X amount of shows a year in X amount of places. They want to make sure people all over are going to see their products. I'm sure your style of music has to fit their marketing needs as well.
/rig
Quote by mespinos
Most companies want to know your going to play X amount of shows a year in X amount of places. They want to make sure people all over are going to see their products. I'm sure your style of music has to fit their marketing needs as well.

But, do YOU approach THEM or the other way around?

I mean, is it like:

"hey, we're from ENGL/Ibanez/Orange, some of our reps have seen your shows and you guys totally rock. How would you like an endorsement?"

OR has it something to do with your recording label?

OR is it your band who approaches the company and tell them: "Look, we are Themetalband, we will be playing 10 shows a month for this season, can we get an endorsement from you guys?"

Oh, I don't mean to sound nosy, I'm just curious!

Italians do it better.
Quote by ihave27frets
Yeah, I heard about that

There are all different type of artist deals that companies offer, it varies from company to artist.

no shit eh! thats unreal! its cool to see guys like you on these forums. the absence is one of my fav bands currently, riders of the plague is one of the best albums ive heard! super pumped for the new one!
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by rion87
But, do YOU approach THEM or the other way around?

I mean, is it like:

"hey, we're from ENGL/Ibanez/Orange, some of our reps have seen your shows and you guys totally rock. How would you like an endorsement?"

OR has it something to do with your recording label?

OR is it your band who approaches the company and tell them: "Look, we are Themetalband, we will be playing 10 shows a month for this season, can we get an endorsement from you guys?"

Oh, I don't mean to sound nosy, I'm just curious!

It works both ways. For instance, with the Shine deal for our drummer, the Shine A&R guy was at a fest we played and liked what he heard. Currently right now, my band is working on a deal with First Act guitars, in this case we approached them, because I LOVE their guitars. However, almost all of them at least have some criteria for what qualifies for an endorsement, and what does not. An endorsement doesn't always mean FREE. Sometimes it could be reduced cost gear or simply promotional backing from whatever company. I get free Cleartone strings, however with some deals we are working on, we are simply getting x% off of their gear. In Catalinbreads case, they showcase us as an artist repping their gear. I like their stuff enough I will gladly pay full price to use it.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
ihas27frets (Peter Joseph - The Absence) WAS endorsed by Ibanez but he is now with Shur guitars

And before that he was also endorsed (I tinks) by Capariso-

Quote by ihave27frets
Yeah, I heard about that

Who let you out of the studio?

But while you are here though, mind telling us how those different type of deals work?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Nov 30, 2009,
Why did I know someone would post that vid?
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
I'm pretty sure I already know what it is, so I'm not even gonna click it. Does the person in the video's name start with "R" and end with "ob Chappers"? And is he talking about getting endorsements and such?

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I'm pretty sure I already know what it is, so I'm not even gonna click it. Does the person in the video's name start with "R" and end with "ob Chappers"? And is he talking about getting endorsements and such?

Fill in the blanks: "Seaking [ _________ ]"
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere

you'll have to click to find out!
How hard do you guys reckon that it is to get an endorsement with a company?
Not that I'm even remotely interesting about that in the near future, I'm just curious.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
About the "Do you approach them, or do they approach you?" thing, it'd take a while for them to approach you, unless you were in a lot of the media.

You'd approach them if you had a lot of gigs per year, a lot of album sales (if applicable) a lot of youtube views/subscribers/whatever etc etc, and of course, having other endorsements helps loads.

I unfortunately do not have any
I'm hoping to find put a band toghether and write a solo album within the next year though, so in a couple of years time I'll hopefully have an endorsement with a small company or something
Quote by Bloodshed
It works both ways. For instance, with the Shine deal for our drummer, the Shine A&R guy was at a fest we played and liked what he heard. Currently right now, my band is working on a deal with First Act guitars, in this case we approached them, because I LOVE their guitars. However, almost all of them at least have some criteria for what qualifies for an endorsement, and what does not. An endorsement doesn't always mean FREE. Sometimes it could be reduced cost gear or simply promotional backing from whatever company. I get free Cleartone strings, however with some deals we are working on, we are simply getting x% off of their gear. In Catalinbreads case, they showcase us as an artist repping their gear. I like their stuff enough I will gladly pay full price to use it.

Well that's very interesting! Thank you for your answer, and thanks to Punk_Ninja too, the whole endorsement deals thing is very fascinating to me. But I guess, another requirement to get an endorsement deal would be to be American or British, since most of the guitar/amp manufacturers are from these countries. I have definitely no hope to score such a deal... you don't find gear advertisement anywhere here! Only some of our most popular metal bands (Lacuna Coil, Linea 77, Eldritch maybe) have endorsement deals that I know of.

Italians do it better.
Quote by rion87
Well that's very interesting! Thank you for your answer, and thanks to Punk_Ninja too, the whole endorsement deals thing is very fascinating to me. But I guess, another requirement to get an endorsement deal would be to be American or British, since most of the guitar/amp manufacturers are from these countries. I have definitely no hope to score such a deal... you don't find gear advertisement anywhere here! Only some of our most popular metal bands (Lacuna Coil, Linea 77, Eldritch maybe) have endorsement deals that I know of.

italy?
I can say only one thing: Rash Guitars.

...Though it'll be hard toget up there with Marco Sfogli
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
How hard do you guys reckon that it is to get an endorsement with a company?
Not that I'm even remotely interesting about that in the near future, I'm just curious.
It depends on your fan base.

The more fans= the more chance of getting an endorsement. It's as simple as that.
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Rob Chappers occasionally appears on these forums and hes currently endorsed by Marshall and D'addario but used to be endorsed by Orange. I'm sure there's also a couple other brands there too.

he used to be endorsed by esp
^ true ,but not only ESP.

oh, and he's now also endorsed by DiMarzio.

(lucky git)
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
nah not lucky, hes good at wat he does and hes using it to his advantage, why pay for stuff when u can advertise and get it for free?

just a quik question tho how do u aproach a company for endorsement? email? phone?
and what would u say? thanks
Quote by Guitar_Jester
Macbeth.

Gahhhh!

Hot Potato Off His Drawers Pluck To Make Amends!

I'd like to be endorsed by any company, if I liked their instruments and equipment. Small companies would be good, too, because you'd be their one person, rather than one of a face of many.
Quote by Slicer666
Fill in the blanks: "Seaking [ _________ ]"

Fill in the blanks: "Seaking, Tackle!"
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by Slicer666
And before that he was also endorsed (I tinks) by Capariso-

Who let you out of the studio?

But while you are here though, mind telling us how those different type of deals work?

We actually got a little Holiday break from the studio! But we have to get back to business and finish up the guitar leads!!

As far as endorsement, ill try to post a decent break down of how things usually work when I get a little more time.
Quote by Faux~Affliction

Isn't he endorsed by ESP too? Ive only ever seen him use ESPs in his videos.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2