Page 1 of 3
How should I start this? I watch Jimmy Fallon almost religiously. Well, he has a segment called "Obama Facial Expressions" (now it's just called "Obama Expressions") where he interprets various facial expressions of Obama. There's a running joke at the end of each segment where Obama's at a press conference with Stephen Harper, and is thinking about a random '90s snack food.

Because of this, I have been reminded of all the great snacks we had back in the '90s, like Dunkaroos, Shark Bites, and Waffle Crisp (Well, it's a cereal).

So, I figured I'd make a thread about it where we could discuss our favorite snacks from our childhood.

So, to begin: Does anyone remember Fruit Gushers?
don't remember them at all

Fizzy jerks were a wonderful thing in my childhood that i think died (at least i can't find them anymore) they were made by wonka (who also did nerds and exploder bars). Does thsat company still exist?

I also miss butterscotch polos

turns out fizzy jerks haven't existed for a number of years
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fizzy-Jerkz/122585793486?v=info
Last edited by doive at Nov 22, 2009,
Wonka? Yep. At least I think they still do. They still make Nerds, at least.

EDIT: Reminds me of something we have in the US called Fun Dip.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Nov 21, 2009,
Squirts, and the double dip things.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
I remember those, we just called them Gushers though

Wonka still makes those double dip things
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Holy Katana
How should I start this? I watch Jimmy Fallon almost religiously. Well, he has a segment called "Obama Facial Expressions" (now it's just called "Obama Expressions") where he interprets various facial expressions of Obama. There's a running joke at the end of each segment where Obama's at a press conference with Stephen Harper, and is thinking about a random '90s snack food.

Because of this, I have been reminded of all the great snacks we had back in the '90s, like Dunkaroos, Shark Bites, and Waffle Crisp (Well, it's a cereal).

So, I figured I'd make a thread about it where we could discuss our favorite snacks from our childhood.

So, to begin: Does anyone remember Fruit Gushers?

ummmm....They still make those.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Tango Blackcurrent! That was the greatest stuff ever.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Those kangaroos dunker things, were they called Dunkaroos? Those were delicious.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Me and my best friend would always get nickel nips. They were little bottles made of wax, and you bit the top off too suck out the juice inside.

Angus = god
Last edited by El3ment380 at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by mattman93
Those kangaroos dunker things, were they called Dunkaroos? Those were delicious.

Yep. As I said, Jimmy Fallon mentioned them on his show. Apparently, they still make them, but they're hard to find. You can get them on Amazon, though.
Quote by whitenihilist
Wait,

you LIKE Jimmy Fallon!

My favorite was Oatmeal Creme pies:

Yeah, I like Jimmy Fallon. I'm also a fan of the Roots, so that makes the show even better.

Oatmeal Creme Pies were good, but they don't have shit on Fudge Rounds.

EDIT:HOLY **** I WANTED THOSE JELLY CUPS MY ENTIRE LIFE EVER SINCE I WAS 5 AND IVE NEVER FOUND THEM ANYWHERE. THANKS UG FOR GIVING ME THE NAME OF THEM!!!!
Last edited by Z_cup_boy at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Holy Katana
Yep. As I said, Jimmy Fallon mentioned them on his show. Apparently, they still make them, but they're hard to find. You can get them on Amazon, though.

That'll teach me to read the OP.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by Z_cup_boy
*various pics of awesome snack foods*

I had totally forgotten about Wonder Balls. Although I loved all of those.
Quote by Holy Katana

I had totally forgotten about Wonder Balls. Although I loved all of those.

helllllllss yeah!!!
Quote by Z_cup_boy

EDIT:HOLY **** I WANTED THOSE JELLY CUPS MY ENTIRE LIFE EVER SINCE I WAS 5 AND IVE NEVER FOUND THEM ANYWHERE. THANKS UG FOR GIVING ME THE NAME OF THEM!!!!

I often see them in the Asian section of supermarkets, alternatively they could probably be found in Asian supermarkets, along with Pocky.
Pocky is awesome. I used to frequent the Japanese market in Nashville back when I was a weeaboo. I need to go back there and get some Japanese candy. That shit has heroin in it, I swear. It's just so good.
Quote by Holy Katana
Pocky is awesome. I used to frequent the Japanese market in Nashville back when I was a weeaboo. I need to go back there and get some Japanese candy. That shit has heroin in it, I swear. It's just so good.

Ooooooooh yes.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Oatmeal Dinosaur eggs............. oh man.......
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Quote by Holy Katana
I have been reminded of all the great snacks we had back in the '90s, like Dunkaroos, Shark Bites, and Waffle Crisp (Well, it's a cereal). Does anyone remember Fruit Gushers?
You guys don't get Dunkaroos or Gushers anymore?

**** man that sucks. We still have them here.

Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

You can still get Bugles, but Ecto Cooler is sadly unavailable. It was another thing mentioned on Obama Facial Expressions.
Hell yes. My mom bought some Capri Sun a few months ago for shits and giggles. It was so good, but dammit if those straws weren't hard to get in!

those two pictures sum up my life from kindergarten to third grade
love is love // return to dust
Quote by genghisgandhi
what was that orange juice that came in the mini bottle? I loved that stuff

Sunny D?
love is love // return to dust
Page 1 of 3