I picked up guitar about a year ago and been mostly self teaching, with a friend helping every now and then. We both don't really know anything about music theory, and I was wondering if any of you could suggest a good book for beginners on Music Theory? I would prefer to buy it online and have it shipped to me, seeing as the guitar stores around me have books from the 60's for like $40 or something ridiculos.

~Thanks!
Guitar for dummies is very good.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
For my theory class, Alfred's Basic Music theory was suggested (saem company that does Alfred's basic guitar method)
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Thanks, both of you. Turns out my roommate had a copy of Guitar for Dummies laying around. Hopefully I helps me out alot! I don't want to be the person who just learns tabs, I want to create my own music.
Also, if you're in the UK, or can import, get the rock school books. Not sure if they do them in the US.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Or, on this site, just look up the crusade. Thats how i learned a good deal of my theory. Best of all, its free
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch