Alright then. So, I have about $500, possibly a little more depending on how long I wait, but I dont really wanna wait longer than the end of the year, and even if I wait that long, it probably won't be THAT much more anyway.

So, onto the specs that I have in mind.

I'm thinking a hardtail type of bridge, mainly because I'll be switching tunings a lot, and the fact thatI'm just not familiar with FR type bridges.

Pick ups dont matter since I'll most likely be switching them anyway.

I'd prefer Neck-thru over a bolt on, just because those scare me, and I've never even TRIED a guitar that has a bolt on that I like.

And last, but not least, Purple would be a good color.

For more details that could help, I play mostly Metalcore, and just, like, hard rock (Metallica kinda stuff) and some alt rock. Thanks for the info.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by Sublime_Dude
Alright then. So, I have about $500, possibly a little more depending on how long I wait, but I dont really wanna wait longer than the end of the year, and even if I wait that long, it probably won't be THAT much more anyway.

So, onto the specs that I have in mind.

I'm thinking a hardtail type of bridge, mainly because I'll be switching tunings a lot, and the fact thatI'm just not familiar with FR type bridges.

Pick ups dont matter since I'll most likely be switching them anyway.

I'd prefer Neck-thru over a bolt on, just because those scare me, and I've never even TRIED a guitar that has a bolt on that I like.

And last, but not least, Purple would be a good color.

For more details that could help, I play mostly Metalcore, and just, like, hard rock (Metallica kinda stuff) and some alt rock. Thanks for the info.

If you're looking for a neck-thru at this price point, you're going to have to go used, and thats really stretching it. For $500, you can get a decent ESP LTD or Jackson super strat with a bolt on neck, but to get a good neck-thru I'd wait to accumulate at least $1000.

Here is something that may fit your needs however:

Here is a FR varient:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-M200FM-Electric-Guitar?sku=516679

And a Hard tail like you specified:
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe-mh.html
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Last edited by Richmanofaction at Nov 21, 2009,
Why are you scared of bolt ons??? I honestly cant tell the difference between the two ...

Also if you tell us what type of pickups you gonna change too we might be able to recommend a guitar with those pickups already in ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

maybe a set neck would work?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
You make no sense, neck-through guitars don't "feel" any different to bolt-ons or set necks, save for the last couple of frets that you hardly ever use anyway. In terms of sound there's no difference between a good bolt-on, a good set neck and a good neck-through guitar either...in all honesty neck-through is little more than a status symbol for posers. It looks pretty on a natural finish and it's more labour intensive therefore costs more, but ultimately there's no real benefit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 22, 2009,