Page 1 of 2
Or at least that's what it seems... ****ing mormons.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34042543/ns/us_news-weird_news/

SALT LAKE CITY - The case of one of four teens who were cited after rapping their order at a McDonald's in Utah appears headed for trial.

Police in American Fork, about 30 miles south of Salt Lake City, cited the teens for disorderly conduct last month after the drive-through rap.

The teens have said they were imitating a rap from a popular YouTube video, which begins: "I need a double cheeseburger and hold the lettuce."

Spenser Dauwalder, 18, has said employees at the fast-food restaurant told him and his friends they were holding up the line and needed to order or leave.

But Dauwalder said no one else was in line. He and his three 17-year-old friends left without buying anything.

A manager wrote down the car's license plate number and called authorities, police Sgt. Gregg Ludlow has said. Officers later cited the teens in a high school parking lot outside a volleyball match.

"We thought, you know, just teenagers out having fun," Dauwalder told KSL Newsradio last month. "We didn't think it would escalate to that."

Dauwalder is challenging the disorderly conduct infraction in state court in Utah County. He pleaded not guilty earlier this month, and at a hearing Wednesday, a bench trial was set for Jan. 29, said his mother, Sharon Dauwalder.

"It's just, it's wrong," Sharon Dauwalder said. "I think the whole thing is wrong."

Spenser Dauwalder's attorney, Ann Boyle, said the whole incident has been overblown.

"I just believe that the kids had a right to sing their order," Boyle said. "They asked them to leave, and they left."

But attorney Kasey Wright, who represented American Fork in court Wednesday, said the case isn't about free speech.

"This is not a First Amendment case," he said. "This is disturbing the peace. It's interrupting a business."

Wright said he's open to working out a deal in the case "if it can serve the demands of justice and the public interest." He said the trial likely wouldn't last more than an hour and is similar to what would happen if someone fought a speeding ticket in court.
That's pretty lame.

edit: after reading the entire thing the old guy pressing charges made me laugh. I just picture him as one of those old guys who sits there and grumbles about how ipods and video games are destroying the world.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Last edited by Monolith295 at Nov 21, 2009,
whut?

EDIT: would have been funnier if they had tried to pig squeal their order.
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Last edited by metalmanjosip at Nov 21, 2009,
Sucks that they're having to go to court. I wonder if they'll be fined on top of the unnecessary legal fees.
That's a rather large city, you think they would have more important shit to do.....
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

That's really stupid. It would make a boring job like working at a McDonald's drive threw a lot more interesting if people sang their orders.
IMO this is a step in the right direction.
More people should be arrested for rapping
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by metalmanjosip
whut?

EDIT: would have been funnier if they had tried to pig squeal their order.

Hi how may I help you
Bree bree breeeee breeeee
So that's a big mac, large fries and a diet coke?
BREEEEEEEEE
Sir you don't need to get testy with me
Bree BREEE BREE BREEEE
Ok that's three fifty at the first window thank you
i really wish this article was not a reflection on the world we live in.

seriously how long is it gonna take for people too chill out and stop taking shit so seriously?

Quote by GaijinFoot

but then again...

It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

that is all.

I use Linux
Last edited by metalmanjosip at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by GaijinFoot

▲ ▲

HEY! FREEZE! You're under arrest for rapping your order at mcdonalds!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by jetfuel495
^Was the picture necessary? He didn't even do anything for you to see

But I can see the words. And I also, I saw his little humorous statement about the enforcement of nonexistant laws of the US and the state of Utah. And it was completely, and without a doubt necessary in this situation to express my true feelings about his joke, because while I do not regularly listen to that specific genre of music, I believe that others should be able to prick their ears to whatever band or type of music they wish.

▲ ▲

Quote by jetfuel495
^Was the picture necessary? He didn't even do anything for you to see

There's a really super cleaver pun that you haven't picked up on yet.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
wow
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Don't sue me bro
although you might try
I'm a straight-shootin'
motherfuckin' Mormon yo
Ima creep right past your dollar menu
take a few cards from the suggestions then you
FREEZE!
Hold your savory trans fats
cause if you got salads
then Ima let you get that
ORDER
(Can you hear me drive thu guyyyyy...)
We love to see you arrested.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
That's a rather large city, you think they would have more important shit to do.....

American Fork isn't a large city. It's pretty small.

Ah, Utah, people getting in trouble for stupid things.
I still love it here though.
Stupid teens are stupid.
Stupid manager is even more stupid.

/stupid thread.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Alex Vik
Well, I can imagine it's hard enough for the person working the drive through to understand a person talking normally.

Yeah but getting arrested?

Really?

By that logic i could probably sue a couple of friends of mine for being pains in the asses and frequently writing on my facebook

that is all.

I use Linux
Quote by skaterskagg1

Well I don't

It's the people I like not the location.
No means maybe
Quote by GaijinFoot

I read this like 20 times and i thought it said fapping every time
Haha. I live in Utah and I would like to point out that our problems aren't caused by Mormons, they are caused by any stupid person looking for an excuse for their actions

Edit: I can't beleive how many Utahns are Ugers. I thought I was one of few. And American Fork isn't that large, but it's within 50 miles of Salt Lake City, which is large, but still small compared to Chicago or Los Angeles
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Nov 21, 2009,
I love Utah hate. It's all stereotypes mostly. Salt Lake is just like any other major city in the U.S.

Quote by slipknot5678
Haha. I live in Utah and I would like to point out that our problems aren't caused by Mormons, they are caused by any stupid person looking for an excuse for their actions

And everyone is super quick to just say "it's the mormons" just because they can. There are stupid people in every city of the world.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1

I've heard beer is hard to find there.
I've heard beer is hard to find therecity? Yeah it's super hard to find.

Again, just Utah/Mormon stereotypes.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Holy Katana

No, it's just not beer at all.

It's so watered down that people from other states can have 20+ Utah beers and not even be buzzed.
No means maybe
Quote by Holy Katana

You can go to the store and by beer. And there are liquor stores, just not as many as there were back in Houston (what I mean is there probably aren't as many as other major cities). There are bars too, and lately people have been accepting them more, and many stupid laws are no longer here. By the way, I actually live in West Jordan, I just say Salt lake so people who don't live in the area have a better idea of which city I am in.

And yes, some of it (not all of it) is slightly watered down, but from what I have heard (I don't drink) it's not near as bad as what the post staiting this says. And agian, SOME beer is.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by slipknot5678
By the way, I actually live in West Jordan, I just say Salt lake so people who don't live in the area have a better idea of which city I am in.

Anything in the valley in still in SL to me.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Anything in the valley in still in SL to me.

Me to. Basically it's a suburb. But I get people pissed off at me for saying Salt Lake. But yes to me anything in the valley is Salt Lake.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil

No Utah is quite dull. I know I live here

and ts you are lame because it is Utah you instantly assume that all the police force mcdonalds crew and all patrons and all the judicial system are mormon? No that is most definitely not the case maybe if it was 15 south that may be more true but not the case there.

But I do agree that it is an overall dumb case
Page 1 of 2