So basically, I did what I always do and I bought a cheap chinese made Gibson copy guitar. This time I went with an ES-335 style copy. I imagine the pickups will be complete sh**, but thats besdies the point...

Basically, I want this to have 1 pickup(bridge) and one volume knob... I am going to get a plastic cover for the other pickup hole. But now what i need to do, is figure out what should go into the holes where the 3 knobs were, and the were the 3 way selector was. I was thinking flashing LED lights...What do you guys think?
Fender Custom Shop Telecaster
Fender Tom DeLonge Signature
Gibson ES-339
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier
Marshall JCM900 1960a Lead 4x12
buy pickups with 4 wires.

coil split, series, parallel, killswitch can't hurt, and.....a pencil sharpener....

really though, that'd be sick....and useless on stage, but still kinda sick
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Kill switch, onboard diodes clipping circuit with a switch in one of the holes. Keep the 3 way and wire the humbucker so it goes series wiring, parallel wiring, single coil mode.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by blindsagacity
buy pickups with 4 wires.

coil split, series, parallel, killswitch can't hurt, and.....a pencil sharpener....

really though, that'd be sick....and useless on stage, but still kinda sick

This. Or, turn it into a pancake maker, Monster Garage the hell out of it!!!!!!
to the people who gave actual ideas..please allaborate on what they are..I kwo what a kill switch is obviously, but htose of you who suggested the coil switching..i imagine you meant to leave the 3 way and set it up that way? (except the one guy who actualyl said that lol)..thanks for all the responses...and I actually thought of the penicl sharpener idea..then i thought..but hey wait...all the sharpenings then go into the hollow of my guitar! hahah
Fender Custom Shop Telecaster
Fender Tom DeLonge Signature
Gibson ES-339
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier
Marshall JCM900 1960a Lead 4x12
Quote by David Collins
That's one of the best and funniest ideas I've heard here - seriously, I wish I'd thought of it.

I'm considering putting that in my diddley bow now that I think of it haha.

I'll post a tutorial if i do
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Well as far as I know the only way to do a series/parallel/coil split is with a DPDT on-on-on switch. I used 3 mini toggles on my guitar for them. Not sure if you could find one that would fit in your 3way selector spot. Basically though it wires the humbucker either in series, which is loudest and the default way a pickup is wired. Then parallel gives you a smoother lower output tone, but still nice. single coil splits the humbucker to a single coil instead for that sound. You can wires a couple of diodes to one of the knobs so it functions like a built in clipping distortion instead a knob. So keep 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 killswitch, 1 onboard something either built it yourself or get something like http://store.guitarfetish.com/midbocictoat.html and get a 3way that fits in the 3way spot to do the above pickup wiring although why are you so opposed to 2 pickups? Get 2 radically different ones so you can have some different sounds.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
Last edited by GeToChKn at Nov 22, 2009,
I think DiMarzio makes a 4DPT on-on-on that is the same size as a gibby pickup selector, but it's pricey!

http://www.music123.com/DiMarzio-Three-Position-On-On-On-4PDT-Pickup-Selector-Switch-424669-i1134704.Music123
Last edited by cedricsmods at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by cedricsmods
I think DiMarzio makes a 4DPT on-on-on that is the same size as a gibby pickup selector, but it's pricey!

http://www.music123.com/DiMarzio-Three-Position-On-On-On-4PDT-Pickup-Selector-Switch-424669-i1134704.Music123

Ouch, ya thats expensive. I got 5 DPDT switches from China for like $2.99 lol. I'd keep 2 pickup myself and do some weird wiring with those. Neck pickups are just good for that neck pickup sound sometimes. Put in a pickup that is really hot and metal in one position and something smooth and vintagy in the other.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3