I thought that drop B was a step down from drop c but than why is the F sharp and why is it differatn then C standard with the Low C dropped to B

am I stupid?
there's only a half step between B and C. Therefore, Drop B is Drop D, 3 half steps down like Drop C is Drop D, 2 half steps down.

Drop B is C# Standard with the low C# dropped to a B.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by bagpipemetal
I thought that drop B was a step down from drop c but than why is the F sharp and why is it differatn then C standard with the Low C dropped to B

am I stupid?

Drop D is E standard with E dropped to D.
Drop C is D standard with D dropped to C.
Drop B is C standard with C dropped to B. And so on and so forth.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that from C to B, is only a half step, therefore it isnt exactly the same as drop C, in which you drop the 6th string a full step down when you're in D standard. It's kinda hard to explain, it'd be easier to show you I guess.
Gear

EastWood Sidejack DLX
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
S.U.F VRH FUZZ
MXR Mirco Amp
BOSS BD-1 (Blues Driver)
Dunlop CryBaby
oneblackened explained it better.
Gear

EastWood Sidejack DLX
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
S.U.F VRH FUZZ
MXR Mirco Amp
BOSS BD-1 (Blues Driver)
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by bagpipemetal
So Drop Bb is C standard with the Low dropped?

yes
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by bagpipemetal
So Drop Bb is C standard with the Low dropped?

Actually, it's with the C dropped one half step and the rest raised one half step, to keep the relationship and you can play your one-finger power chords.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Yes sir.
Gear

EastWood Sidejack DLX
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
S.U.F VRH FUZZ
MXR Mirco Amp
BOSS BD-1 (Blues Driver)
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by fishstickrocker
Real men keep it in standard Eb at the most.

+1
Gear

EastWood Sidejack DLX
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
S.U.F VRH FUZZ
MXR Mirco Amp
BOSS BD-1 (Blues Driver)
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by fishstickrocker
Real men keep it in standard Eb at the most.

I keep one of my guitars in standard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by AcidikRayn
+1

Okay? I use Different tunings depending upon what I'm playing I don't see why people hate low tunings.
Quote by bagpipemetal
Okay? I use Different tunings depending upon what I'm playing I don't see why people hate low tunings.

Don't get me wrong I like Dropped C, but for me, that for a different genre. It just depends what I'm in the mood for. I love both types of tuning, though, no hate.
Gear

EastWood Sidejack DLX
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
S.U.F VRH FUZZ
MXR Mirco Amp
BOSS BD-1 (Blues Driver)
Dunlop CryBaby
E-standard, MAYBE e-flat for me. I only use drop d when I'm in the mood for some old Soundgarden vibes, or maybe RATM.

EDIT: I lied. I also use D-A-D-G-A-D a lot on acoustic, and I've experimented around with D-A-D-F#-A-D. the last one is good for slide playing.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Nov 21, 2009,
Don't get me wrong I like Dropped C, but for me, that for a different genre. It just depends what I'm in the mood for. I love both types of tuning, though, no hate.

Yeah I agree with that totally, I use standard when I'm playing alt-rock and celtic music but I tune to Drop c or B for Metalcore/Death metal
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']E-standard, MAYBE e-flat for me. I only use drop d when I'm in the mood for some old Soundgarden vibes, or maybe RATM.

EDIT: I lied. I also use D-A-D-G-A-D a lot on acoustic, and I've experimented around with D-A-D-F#-A-D. the last one is good for slide playing.

I tried using DADGAD once didn't work out for me so I went to DADFAD and I love it. Such an awesome tuning.
I really enjoy the darker tones of dropped tunings regardless of genre. I play in Standard 80% of the time but I still enjoy playing lower.

Just remember that B and C are only a half step away just like E and F.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls