I have done extensive research, and have decided I want one of theses amps. I have listened to demos but can play neither(maybe 1990, but most likely not), but I like what I hear.

I watched a youtube video A/Bing the 1990 to the JCM 900. I thought they sounded unbelievably similar(The marshall was slightly warmer, but that may have been because the EQ knobs were not perfectly matched). I have also heard many amazing stories of the 333xl's sound.

The bands I like playing are Metallica(Black album and eariler, Mainly Kill 'Em All), AC/DC, and Black Sabbath. This leads me to lean toward 1990, but I want to know how others think the 333xl will sound when playing these bands.

I hope for a NAD for sometime around the new year. Thanks to all those who help.

And in the off chance that my dad does not get his expected big Christmas bonus, I will probably be getting a Vypyr tube combo(love that for a modeling amp).

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
they're kinda cheap IMO.

My local GC stocks a bunch of Bugeras, and all of them sound cheap. I played a 6505+ right next to a 6262 and the Bugera felt like a Behringer rip-off of Peavey...oh wait... =/

honestly, look used is my best advice.
I don't mean to sound arrogant, which is what I am about to say is going to come off as, but... I am pretty sure I want a Bugera. Could I please not get this crap about Bugeras being cheap amps when I know they are. Which of THESE AMPS would work best for me?

What I am trying to say is get off the bandwagon.

Um, when you say "I have heard amazing STORIES of how they sound", you are setting yourself up right there. Don't be surprised when people tell you to look elsewhere, because you clearly havent tried some of these for yourself. Videos will never do the real thing justice. I second Victor, and that is to look used, and to try the amps yourself.
Okay... Here it goes just to clarify: I cannot try anything out. I rarely get to a music store. If I had more of a chance I would. I am looking new so as not to confuse my father, from whom I am revieving this amp. I want Bugera because, after reading, I do not think I want a Valveking at best. I beleive that a Bugera will offer the improved tone I am looking for, even if it is not Peavey quality... Please do not make me have to type these long paragraphs again... I just typed this one on my iPhone and it is difficult.

I owned a 333XL for many months, amazing sounding amp. Excellent cleans, crunch and an awesome lead channel.

You can get a huge number of tones out of it, and for the money I don't think there's many better amps. Plus the new Bugera's don't have the issues the plagued the earlier revisions, nice as solid now.
The 333 is pretty nice sounding. I wasn't a fan of the 1990 but I'm not a huge fan of the Marshall it's based off of either. You'd probably be better off with a used 6505/5150 combo or the new 1X12.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i Love my 333, it's solid.

I don't see some of them for sale anymore. I would get on it. Nuy new, get a ext warranty.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
The JCM900 isn't just 'warmer.' It's much more musical and full.

Frankly I think you should try and find either a used JCM900 or a Peavey JSX. Both can be found for slightly more than a new Bugera if you're patient.

If you're not, then go for the 333xl. It's a good sounding amp that can cover most genres with ease.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I'd go for a used JCM 900, that'll hit that stuff well.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
i understand how you might not wanna go used
although you would get better deals that way
and also a guarantee in most cases
as far as i've heard the 09 models of bugera amps have had all the reliability issues fixed
and if your concerned then get it looked over by a tech
for the price you pay it definately sounds good
i'd probably suggest the 1990 as most of the bands you suggested used jcm900's
and if you want to play anything heavier get a tubescreamer
another thing to look into is the peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo new
good luck
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Here it goes one more time, I cannot go used. Unless it is something that I could get now for some ridiculously low price, I cannot do it.

I have heard from many people that if I have to go new, I should get the 333xl, correct? My local music store is always very kind and helpful, and if there is a problem, I could probably return it... there is just no time in the near future I can visit them, and all they have on the floor are 1990s.

Something in my head is still doubting 333xl because the bands I like playing have amps that sound a little more British than American.

I should have said this in the first post, but, I do care about cleans, if that adds any factors. Sorry I have to fight you guys, I know that you really are trying to be helpful, but I must go new.

I think I'm just gonna go for the 1990 because it is cheaper.

i woudl get the 333XL for your health!
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
i woudl get the 333XL for your health!

Oh yea.

333/333xl are my fav amps.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
lol, if you have to go new then your only option is the 1990. Marshall doesn't make the JCM 900 anymore.

Pointless thread then, hey?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
lol, if you have to go new then your only option is the 1990. Marshall doesn't make the JCM 900 anymore.

Pointless thread then, hey?

How is this thread pointless... it was 333xl or 1990 not JCM 900 or 1990

I know you said you're probably getting the 1990, but I'd go for the 333xl. Actually, I already did! While you seem to be leaning more towards the 1990, the 333/333xl will give you more in the long run. It has three channels, and the clean channel is truly clean with awesome headroom. IIRC, Bugera's 2 channel amps aren't so clean if you push them very hard at all. In my opinion, I wouldn't order/buy anything like this (Guitars, Amps, Pedals) without at least trying one first. Is there any way you could ask your store to order one, then let you try before you buy. If they stock Bugera, they should have/be getting 333xls anyways right???
^ My store sells out of stock very quickly, and I don't get in very often, so it changes rapidly. I called once to asked what they had and when I went there 2 weeks later they had about 4 similar things... and the little store is stuffed full... I wish it were a little larger.

It's not so much the sound as it is the reliability. Make sure you get a damn good warranty with it, because Bugera is still a bit shoddy. I'm just curious, why can't you buy used at all?
Quote by Morgant
It's not so much the sound as it is the reliability. Make sure you get a damn good warranty with it, because Bugera is still a bit shoddy. I'm just curious, why can't you buy used at all?

If it was me buying, I would have no problem... but seeing as I am 15 and my parents still wrap gifts for me, I cannot inspect the Ebay auction or give m dad specifics... I could only hope to get the right thing... I wish I could get cash for Christmas, then I would be able to go used... If my Dad knew a thing or 2 about amps, I would have no problem going used.

If I do get a 333xl, are there any good pedals that can give it a little more British tone? Like an OD pedal that will color the tone so it sounds more like one of the bands I want to play?

i'm not actually sure why people are suggesting the 333xl
its more expensive and as far as i'm aware of it has 6l6s so its more american voiced
go and see if you can try the 1990 and if it does everything you want then buy it
if it doesn't try and try out the 333xl
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
You can always throw EL34's in the 333XL if you like those tubes.
not a big deal really since I'd suggest getting new tubes anyway since there are much better sounding ones than the stock Bugera's.
yet again. increasing the costs for someone already buying a budget tube amp
ahh well each to his own
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
I can stand to wait a couple moths for new tubes... I think I a going to go with the 333xl, because I drooled while listening to clean sound clips, and I love big bassy cleans. I also liked its distortion better than the 6260's (I like smoother rhythm rather than chunky, heavy rhythm).

If I don't like its tone for some of the bands I play, I will find a pedal or swap out the tubes.