My guitar makes a whiney noise on the high e string when I hit frets 15-20. Sometimes they show up as being on pitch and sometimes they are flat.

I spent the last hour or so adjusting intonation from loose to tight trying to get the noise to stop. I pulled my entire saddle out and did everything I could think of to get the noise to stop. It is so annoying.

When I hit the note; it sounds like an alarm clock going off. Very dissonant and makes me want to not play on the string at all.

Anybody have any ideas of what this could be?

(Note: YES I have read the floyd setup thread, NO it did not help me with the problem. Yes I am a noob with floyds; although I have successfully set intonation, and restrung numerous times without any real problems. And YES the bridge of the floyd is level horizontally with the body of the guitar.)

Thanks for help!
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
sounds like your frets might be uneven and are creating some vibration on the string, which could possibly sound like a natural harmonic.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
How cheap was the guitar? This problem should not be as bad if the action is higher but if you really want it to be fixed then get the frets dressed. Lots of cheap guitars are made with bad fret jobs.

Quote by SPBY
sounds like your frets might be uneven and are creating some vibration on the string, which could possibly sound like a natural harmonic.

I agree.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Pickups could just be too close to the strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's a Schecter Hellraiser FR. It's not a cheaply made guitar.

I guess I'm going to take it to a shop around here and see if they can fix the thing.

I have it in drop B right now with a set of .10s on it though; so I'm going to try going up a couple string sizes and see if that does anything.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2