This is going to be a thread about Windows 7. talk about why you want to, or do not want to upgrade to Windows 7.

Also, post helpful tips and tricks about windows 7 that will help people deside if they want to upgrade to windows 7.

for example, here is a handy trick with itunes, if it is running and playing a song, when you hover over it in the task bar and the window pops up it will tell you the name of the song band name, and album. as well as at the bottom of the little window there will be pause play and skip buttons.

so fell free to post anything that you like about Windows 7, or post complaints about it.

but please, PLLLLLLEASE, no "windows sucks, mac rules" comments, feel free to say that you like mac better then it, but try to back up why you feel that way.
<|8D
Is it worth switching from Vista to 7?
Not gonna lie, I waited until this summer to get Vista. The only reason I even had it was because it was given to me.
ಠ_ಠ
I want to get Windows over 9000 mainly because of Internet TV and its better for running games than Vista. Can't wait for my next pay check!!

and I just want to have it to have it olololol
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by ChucklesMginty
We have a computer thread, so this isn't really needed.

i felt that the computer thread (i have read almost all of it) is more for computers, and i wanted to make this as a more specific thread, about win 7 itself. because in the computer thread people would say something and then the topic would get changed, it was just to vague.
<|8D
Mary Jane is a good song.
LOYAL?
HARD WORKING?
FULLY EXPENDABLE?

THE EMPIRE NEEDS YOU!
IT'S NOT ABOUT PAY, IT'S ABOUT CRUSHING THE REBELLION
Quote by The_Clansman_
I like windows vista. I used windows 7 it sucked.

Now what is this thread about?

Do you all like pancakes?

I do. Especially when I use a Windows Vista installer disc as my pancake holder then to go skeet shooting with.
I kid, I kid.
Quote by heavenbesideyou
I want to get Windows over 9000 mainly because of Internet TV and its better for running games than Vista. Can't wait for my next pay check!!

some one is a channer!

Quote by maggot_69
Mary Jane is a good song.

lolol that it is
<|8D
Quote by heavenbesideyou

Not true.

Windows 7 IS Vista but with a shiny front.
MS has made people buy 2 OS in 2 years.

Suckers
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by jmonko
Not gonna lie, I waited until this summer to get Vista. The only reason I even had it was because it was given to me.

I'd say it is. It starts up, shuts down, wakes up ect. a lot faster. A lot less of the security pop ups. Looks better. My laptop is getting better battery life. It takes up less ram and less of the processor. Runs smother. I only started using Vista this summer too when I got my laptop and switched to 7 two months ago.

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Even if Windows 7 ends up being amazing, I've gotten used to my mac now. <3
I've had it for almost two years and it's been extremely faithful.
But I have nothing against Windows.

holy hell!!! it's a mac user who isn't an opinionated douche of a fanboy
That's respectable though, I really don't think one os is inherently better than the other. I'm comfortable switching between using windows and mac but I just prefer windows.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by jmonko

There's honestly not that big a difference. Vista has been patched to have DirectX11 support just like Windows 7, which was probably the number 1 motivator for most gamers to switch. If you care about such things, Win7 run cleaner than Vista. A lot less wasted system resources.

I have noticed that it's a good deal faster than Vista. I switched to Win7 about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Boot is fast, startup is fast. No stupid sitting around after logging in for all your "load on start-up" programs to get going as long as you keep it relatively clean. I r a nerd and I play WoW--back on Vista alt-tabb'ing during WoW was a nightmare. Took like 5 seconds to get to the desktop and 10+ to reopen the game. It's been pretty much instant on Win7. The UI is nice, too.
Last edited by Seref at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by CaptainRon
I've been using it for a month or two and so far have had no problems. I really don't see how Windows Vista could be better then Windows 7 when Windows 7 is meant to be an improvement over Vista.

exactly WHO said 7 is an improvement over Vista? the person you bought it from?
Look at the benchmarks.
It's not better on a whole.
Quote by jmonko

i would say it is, because 7 has alot of things about it that just make it easier to use, and faster to do things. and vista does just have random freak outs some times, and i had been beta testing 7 since march, and i would say that from mid may and up the beta was better then vista.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Not true.

Windows 7 IS Vista but with a shiny front.
MS has made people buy 2 OS in 2 years.

Suckers

it is much different, its not like some HUGE difference. but as an over all i like it alot better, and its 64 bit version is much better then vista's
<|8D
I got my windows 7 for 30 dollars. Hell yeah I upgraded.

Also I bought vista for 0$. Thats right, Microsoft gave me vista business for free.

Two os's in two years, total cost: 30 dollars.

Now if you knew where to look, you would be crazy not to upgrade.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Last edited by ScottElwood at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by skikarl
i would say it is, because 7 has alot of things about it that just make it easier to use, and faster to do things. and vista does just have random freak outs some times, and i had been beta testing 7 since march, and i would say that from mid may and up the beta was better then vista.

it is much different, its not like some HUGE difference. but as an over all i like it alot better, and its 64 bit version is much better then vista's

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-7-performance,2442-9.html

It might load a bit quicker but the performance doesn't really improve in any aspect.
let me point you to the computer thread:

actually, i don't have the link with me, so i'll go ahead and point you to the "Forbidden Threads" list with the carrot symbol (^) which represents an arrow pointing upwards.

^^^^^^^^
Sent from my iPad.