For starters, i play in a metal band and really like the high gain tones, but i enjoy playing other stuff that would require a pleasant clean tone.
So, suggest me an amp!

I live in Australia so the pricing of amps is ridiculous, the max amount would have to be around $2,000 - $2,500 for a head.
Line 6 Valve mk. 2
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Carvin V3, if you can get them down there. Or perhaps a Peavey 6505 or 6505+. I don't know how much they jack up the prices for them in your neck of the woods, but they are first-rate metal amplifiers.
Also check for the new Peavey 6505+ combo

Alternative the Krank Rev Jr Pro 20 would be great (Krank Rev Jr Pro 50 if you're gigging bigger venues).
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
^
yup but if you like really tight metal sounds i might suggest a tubescreamer with the krank
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Go on the US ebay and hunt your self down a nice Mesa Boogie Rectoverb or Mark III, with conversions, taxes and shipping your looking at around $1500AUD give or take and then spend 100 bucks on a step down transformer to convert the voltage.

Thats the best way to go IMO since even with that high a budget, most brands that do high gain (Mesa, Peavey etc) are ridiculously overpriced. Besides since those Mesas cost so much here i bet that even if you wanted to get rid of it you could probably resell it for the same amount you paid, maybe even turn a small profit.

If you don't want that then your left with the Bugera's but if you don't like those either then you don't really have any other options.