right now i have a line 6 spider 3 120w 2x12... i like it but i think i need something bigger to start playing shows with me band...Im in 11th grade and i want somthing like a halfstack...something cheap but good and loud for metal

or

i can wait like a year or two until i graduate and get a new guitar this year like an ec-401..

what are your opions
Since you haven't already set one up...
*Prepares Flame Shield for TS*
Your Welcome.

What is your budget?

A good budget amp, but is still great, is the B-52 (Forgot numbers that go after this)
..I was watching my death.
What is your budget?
Willing to go used?
What is the nearest major city?
Any specific genres of metal?
Why must it be a half stack?
How often do you plan on gigging?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Nov 22, 2009,
i play metal (killswitch,protest the hero, ect) i live in tampa... and idk why i need a half stack... people say i need a halfstack for shows so idk.. and i live in tampa... i plan on gigging once every couple weeks until im out of high school
Used Peavey 6505/5150 combo
New Peavey 6505 1X12 combo
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

people keep telling about this combo.

just curious, whats better about this combo than a half stack? is it louder for shows?
Quote by mmolteratx
Used Peavey 6505/5150 combo
New Peavey 6505 1X12 combo

They're about the same volume. The plus to the combo is it's easier to carry and cheaper. A 6505 halfstack will run you over your budget, even used. You can find the combos as low as $350 used, though the average seems to be around $550-$600.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by kiranb13
people keep telling about this combo.

just curious, whats better about this combo than a half stack? is it louder for shows?
Half stacks aren't really a whole lot louder. You're just moving more air. You'll get better bass response with one at high volume, but that's about it. You'll likely be mic'd at most venues anyway.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.