So, I've found a guitar that I'm pretty sure I like, and I'm pretty sure I want it, but the only problem is, I havent actually tried it yet. I'm not sure if the local GC has any in stock (Ever) and I really don't want to buy one unless I can try it... I need suggestions on what I can (Or should) do. I really dont want to change my mind on the guitar, because the price is right, and i like everything about it, I'm just not sure how it feels, is all. Thanks.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

what guitar is it? what guitar do you have? what guitars have you played before? what amp do you have?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Well thats the thing, the one I'm refering to here is actually a mid-level epi. A Goth explorer. I know a lot of people say it 'looks' boring, but whatever. Anyway, I like pretty much everything I'm seeing, except for MAYBE the pickups, but that could be taken care of. I'm picky about little things, though, like how decent the action is, and things like the weight of it.

As for which guitar I already have, I hate to even say it... but its an epi LP special II :/

I've PLAYED all kinds of guitars. ...Except for the ones that I could [realistically] have, like this one, because this always happens with it not being in stock.

I have a 60 W b52 tube combo.

Anyway, the thing is, I honestly wouldn't mind 'settling' with something else. I have 500 dollars to spend, so yeah. It just kind of depends. I know a lot of people will probably like, have a problem with me feeling this way, but honestly, I kinda like the explorer though. I just dont wanna get something that I cant try first.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Honestly, I don't think you should buy that one. Trying it out first is crucial, to see if it feels right etc... Even with fantastic guitar generally known to be good, you might find it doesn't suit your taste. If however you can return it if you don't like it, than jump on the opportunity.
Yeah.. Even though I think I might like that one, I dont really wanna order it online. And evidently thats the only way its possible. So, I guess from here, I need to find another good one. What would you recommend?

I'm going to be buying directly from the store, so ESPs and things like that are more than likely unavailable. I have 500 Dollars, and I play all kinds of rock, and metal. The only other epi s that i can find that are in the 300-500 dollar range are all like LPs and SGs. Idk how good those are for metal. I know they're good for more alt rock kinda stuff (AFI, stuff like that) but yeah. Any suggestions?

The Les Paul will apparently give a bassy tone for being heavy. But they are good for metal (and obviously everything else), just they don't look it.

Other Epiphones will eat your soul, including the explorers and flying v's, there is the Korina series, ESP have the MH series, the 401 and 401NT is up your street, but a little overbudget, there is Jackson, but I doubt they cater quality for your price range.

EDIT: The ESP I forgot it was dollars! SO go down in the series a bit....
Last edited by Banana Wedgie at Nov 22, 2009,