Poll: Do you think any paranormal abilities exist?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think any paranormal abilities exist?
Yes.
35 22%
No.
92 59%
Not sure.
30 19%
Voters: 157.
Page 1 of 2
It's almost 2010 and people are still claiming to have magic powers. Some of it can be fairly harmless (such as dowsing) but quite a bit of it seems to prey on people who are vulnerable.

Watching people like Peter Popoff makes me feel pretty angry that they can just get away with taking desperate people's money. Sylvia Browne is another piece of scum.

James Randi had a programme where he'd invite people on to test the abilities they claimed to have, lo and behold none of their powers seemed to work when there was a bit of testing going on.

He's also got a $1,000,000 Challenge where if someone can prove under strict testing (agreed by both parties) that they have paranormal powers then they'll be given the money. Surprise surprise, most people refuse to even take the test and those that have, seemed to have problems with their powers on the day for one reason or another.

I'd be interested to see how many people on UG believe in the paranormal.
Nope.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

I want to sleep with Dana Scully so bad.

I'll paranomal impregnate her.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
i dunno man
i dont really believe in it, it just doesnt seem possible
although it is pretty cool to think about and look at apparent paranormal activity, i dont really believe it.
but like god, if someone can scientifically prove to me that it is real i will believe.
i haven't seen you post in years and this is what you choose to come back with

i don't believe in anything paranormal. i do believe however that the brain is a very powerful tool and can easily deceive you.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by robotz!
Dana Sculley is a babe

Yeah but it pisses me off that she never believes Mulder. Bitch, you have SEEN aliens. Why do you have to question everything even still?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Have you ever gone to sleep, had a dream, remembered parts of it, but not really. A few weeks or months later, and then IT HAPPENS. And you get massive deja vu?
Yeah? I thought so. It happens to everyone.
I can sometimes even recite what people are going to say, and blah blah.
Surely if we can predict the future like that, somethings going on...
But people like that are indeed bullshit.
Quote by Waterboy799
i haven't seen you post in years and this is what you choose to come back with

i don't believe in anything paranormal. i do believe however that the palantir is a dangerous tool, Saruman and can easily deceive you.

Why? Why should we fear to use it?

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

I believe in the paranormal but I don't believe a lot of the people claiming they have paranormal abilities.
XIAOXI
It's obviously bullshit. Cold readings and bluffing is the way these crooks extort their money. Especially that Derek Acorah, I hate that prick.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Yeah but it pisses me off that she never believes Mulder. Bitch, you have SEEN aliens. Why do you have to question everything even still?

Hah, exactly!
I would like to kill anyone who dismisses any form of organised religion, but jumps at the idea of using a Ouija board to communicate with spirits.

RAGE
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
Quote by isildurs_bane
I would like to kill anyone who dismisses any form of organised religion, but jumps at the idea of using a Ouija board to communicate with spirits.

RAGE

How come?
XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X
How come?

cbf explaining in detail.

basically, organised are based...

nah cbf explaining.
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
Quote by Athabasca
Why? Why should we fear to use it?

That's brilliant.
Yeah, something I said once was epic, I have proof:
Quote by bowdyyz69
aha that was epic

Also:
Quote by Kensai
Yeah I was hoping for robotsex.
Screw context.
Quote by rocking bassist

That's brilliant.

Thanks bro

Ima gonna sig that.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
It's obviously bullshit. Cold readings and bluffing is the way these crooks extort their money. Especially that Derek Acorah, I hate that prick.

Did you know he was exposed as a fraud a while ago?

For anyone who doesn't know who he is, there is a program in the UK called 'Most Haunted' where this team of strange people investigate haunted sites, they usualy have a guest psychic and a guest sceptic. One such guest psychic on the program was Derek Acorah, well known for becoming possessed by evil entities, and he was exposed by their sceptic, a parapsychologist called Dr. Ciaran O' Keeffe. Acorah had been fed disinformation twice about the non-existent ghosts of 'Kreed Kafer' (an anagram of "Derek faker") and 'Rik Eedles' (an anagram of "Derek lies") by O' Keeffe. During the televised program, Derek Acorah apparently became 'possessed' by these completely fictional ghosts resulting in him being exposed as a fraud.

It makes you wonder how on earth the guy ended up with his own series (Derek Acorah's Ghost Towns) on TV not long afterwards.
People who claim to have paranormal abilities are invariably frauds preying on the gullible. With that said, I'd quite like to know how Uri Geller does the spoon bending.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Did you know he was exposed as a fraud a while ago?

For anyone who doesn't know who he is, there is a program in the UK called 'Most Haunted' where this team of strange people investigate haunted sites, they usualy have a guest psychic and a guest sceptic. One such guest psychic on the program was Derek Acorah, well known for becoming possessed by evil entities, and he was exposed by their sceptic, a parapsychologist called Dr. Ciaran O' Keeffe. Acorah had been fed disinformation twice about the non-existent ghosts of 'Kreed Kafer' (an anagram of "Derek faker") and 'Rik Eedles' (an anagram of "Derek lies") by O' Keeffe. During the televised program, Derek Acorah apparently became 'possessed' by these completely fictional ghosts resulting in him being exposed as a fraud.

It makes you wonder how on earth the guy ended up with his own series (Derek Acorah's Ghost Towns) on TV not long afterwards.

I think I heard about that. I remember seeing an outtake of him being "possessed' where he's chanting "Mary loves Dick! Mary loves Dick!".

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uD0dPhr9cQ

I suggest everyone watch this genius at action

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Robbie!! How art thou?

I agree with what's been said about psychics being scum who prey on vulnerable, often grieving people.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
It's bollocks. There's no such thing as the paranormal, there's just things that exist and things that don't. If ghosts, for example, turned out to be real, they'd stop being "paranormal" and start being fact. The paranormal is our name for things that have no proof of existing or basis in science, so a belief in it IMO is a bit stupid.

EDIT: Also, fuck psychics. Most of them aren't even very good at it, they just have an audience of people who desperately want to believe them.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I think I heard about that. I remember seeing an outtake of him being "possessed' where he's chanting "Mary loves Dick! Mary loves Dick!".

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uD0dPhr9cQ

I suggest everyone watch this genius at action

I think he had a thing for Yvette Fielding, almost every time he became 'possessed' he physicaly attacked her.
Infact, my family used to watch it regularly, all laying bets on how long it would take for Derek to attack Yvette. Then we'd all cheer when it happened. We even ran a sweepstake once, and the person who had picked the time furthest away from the time it happened had to do the washing up.
I for one am not surprised over the poll results.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I am unsure. I don't think humans can sense everything that exists, no, but I also think people enjoy entertaining their minds with fantasy to make life more interesting, or to provide artificial comfort.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I think he had a thing for Yvette Fielding, almost every time he became 'possessed' he physicaly attacked her.
Infact, my family used to watch it regularly, all laying bets on how long it would take for Derek to attack Yvette. Then we'd all cheer when it happened. We even ran a sweepstake once, and the person who had picked the time furthest away from the time it happened had to do the washing up.

A real life lol spewed forth.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
A real life lol spewed forth.

D'yer know what really makes me laugh about Derek Acorah?
Every time he's supposedly 'possessed', no matter who the ghost that possesses him is supposed to be or where they supposedly originaly came from, they always have a Liverpudlian 'scouse' accent.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
D'yer know what really makes me laugh about Derek Acorah?
Every time he's supposedly 'possessed', no matter who the ghost that possesses him is supposed to be or where they supposedly originaly came from, they always have a Liverpudlian 'scouse' accent.

It's because everyone else gets to go to heaven.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
It's because everyone else gets to go to heaven.

Everyone exept Liverpudlians?

I can just picture it, a notice on the Pearly Gates.

"NO SALESMEN, JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES OR SCOUSERS!"
I'm quite surprised it's as high as 20% (as of writing it) who believe in things like this. If those 20% want to PM me I'll tell you your future in return for £3,000.
Oh, this is about people having powers? No, I don't believe that.

I thought this was going to be about ghosts. I think ghosts are real.
Those that do it for the money are obvious shams. But have guys ever encountered those who practice Santeria? As primitive as it is, I've had friends who have had strange encounters with Santeros.
$1m dollars to explain paranormal activities? That's like 50x what it took to make the movie Paranormal Activity

This shit's been covered.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Page 1 of 2