which one should i get gibson melody maker or epiphone lp standard or epiphone korina explorer
what genre do you play?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I think you should chose between the explorer or the Gibson melody maker

You should wait a bit, and buy a more expensive guitar like a SG for 700 € or $ maybe. The Gibson Flying V is cheap too, and it has a very good sound.

I don't really like epiphone guitars..
Quote by rancidryan
what genre do you play?

i play everything from the beatles to black label but most of all alternative.
my favorite (most played ) band is foo fighters and i know dave and chris (both guitars) pretty often uses explorers.
Someones probably going to bitch at me for asking this, but why those guitars? What else have you tried?
Quote by flaphead325
I think you should chose between the explorer or the Gibson melody maker

You should wait a bit, and buy a more expensive guitar like a SG for 700 € or $ maybe. The Gibson Flying V is cheap too, and it has a very good sound.

I don't really like epiphone guitars..

iknow that if it sound good it looks good but i really hate flying v's .
why u think to not choose les paul?
Quote by consecutive e
Someones probably going to bitch at me for asking this, but why those guitars? What else have you tried?

well actualy i havent play on many guitars.
i just know that i really like epiphones and gibsons.

i know that i like that fender americans too.i like that kind of a country sound but i dont have lots of money.

do you know any good fender american style guitars (cheap)

sorry for language
Last edited by d-show at Nov 22, 2009,
and whats the difference between electric and semi acoustic guitars?
i know that a lots of famos rock musicians use them but what for?

is there any good models for me to buy?
Sounds like you are compromising a bit between a cheap Gibson and an Epiphone. For £475 (about €550) you could have a TC Ellis 'Phil Campbell' Les Paul that will match a Gibson LP Custom. (Or his Explorers start at under £300)
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by d-show
well actualy i havent play on many guitars.
i just know that i really like epiphones and gibsons.

i know that i like that fender americans too.i like that kind of a country sound but i dont have lots of money.

do you know any good fender american style guitars (cheap)

sorry for language

The Fender Highway 1's are around 635 Euro on Thomann. I WAS going to suggest a Mexican made Deluxe Player's Strat but they're more expensive than the HWY 1 for some reason, 665 Euro.

What kind of amp are you playing through by the way? What other guitars/ other gear do you have as well.

Are there any particular player's tone you're looking to replicate?
Quote by Lurcher
Sounds like you are compromising a bit between a cheap Gibson and an Epiphone. For £475 (about €550) you could have a TC Ellis 'Phil Campbell' Les Paul that will match a Gibson LP Custom. (Or his Explorers start at under £300)

I might have to look into buying one of these guitars
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by consecutive e
The Fender Highway 1's are around 635 Euro on Thomann. I WAS going to suggest a Mexican made Deluxe Player's Strat but they're more expensive than the HWY 1 for some reason, 665 Euro.

What kind of amp are you playing through by the way? What other guitars/ other gear do you have as well.

Are there any particular player's tone you're looking to replicate?

well 635 euros for me are still too much becouse i have 520 euros now and im impatience guy.im already waiting and saving money from june.
and if i have a 635 euros ill get a epi zakk wylde les paul becouse i really love heavy distortion.

since im playing for only about year i dont have a lots of equipment.
for now i own a laney lx12 but next week i get a present to my birthday .maybe vox or marshall 30 - 50 w.and i actualy dont have a guitar becouse i destroyed my playmate.and i have ds 1.
as i said i really love huge distortion and i play all kinds of rock music .most of all alternative .favorite players would be a zakk wylde , slash and chris shiflett from the foo fighters.and dave grohl
for your type of music and price range, there are alot of good mid range guitars like prs se, mexican fenders, epiphones (ive heard the epiphone explorers are nice) or i again agree you should be on the lookout for a used gibson explorer or something , or if you get an epipphone or similiar guitar, id suggest a pickup change, or you could get an epiphone prophecy with gibson dirty fingers pups
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by marvelboy_04
for your type of music and price range, there are alot of good mid range guitars like prs se, mexican fenders, epiphones (ive heard the epiphone explorers are nice) or i again agree you should be on the lookout for a used gibson explorer or something , or if you get an epipphone or similiar guitar, id suggest a pickup change, or you could get an epiphone prophecy with gibson dirty fingers pups

yeah i was thinking that if i buy lp standard i change pickups to slash seymour duncan's or emg's 81/85

can you sugest me what to put in explorer or the same les pauls?
pups arent that important. Get an better amp first.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Banana Wedgie
My friend got a melody maker. Its the worst waste of £500 I've ever seen.
Why? Your paying £450 for the fact Gibson made it.

Get the Epi Explorer.

explorer is cheaper than les pauls.
do you think they are better?
Epiphone Explorer....I just got mine, its wonderful!
My babies:
-Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Quote by Banana Wedgie
My friend got a melody maker. Its the worst waste of £500 I've ever seen.
Why? Your paying £450 for the fact Gibson made it.

Get the Epi Explorer.

why do you quote yourself?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by DrDeathjeans
Epiphone Explorer....I just got mine, its wonderful!

what music do u play?
do you have some vids in youtube?
stock pickups?