I have what looks to be a RG550 from 1993, as far as I can tell from the s/n and pictures on the web.

I've been trying to get a replacement bar for a few years now. I've tried every kind of push in bar I can, they don't go in more than 1/8 inch, it doesn't look like theres anything in the hole... What am I doing wrong?

I've been trying to get pics uploaded for a while, but my camera is being a poop. If you think it would help I could try posting webcam pics...
i take it u mean the whammy bar

u can adjust the whammy bar height by opening the back and u should see an allen key hole directly underneath the whammy bar.turn it left to lower the whammy bar action
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Actually, it appears to be an original edge, and I've already tried buying one off ebay, to not have it fit in. Is there something that may have gone wrong that I do not realize?
well pics may help us so we can tell you if you have the wrong arm or if you dont have the trem you think you have.
Ok, so the original Edge, the Lo-Pro Edge, and the Edge Pro all use the same arm. Visit Ibanez Rules and order the first trem bar on the list.

If it doesn't slot in properly you can stop buying different arms to try and fix the problem. There's something funky with the hole for the trem arm and you need to either sort it out yourself or bring it to somebody who can.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by TheFunkyAvocado
well pics may help us so we can tell you if you have the wrong arm or if you dont have the trem you think you have.

Yeah this too as well pics always help problems.