ok so ive finally got a band sorted and we're gigging quite regularly so im looking for my first tube amp

we play hard rock, think guns n roses, led zeppelin, the who

id rather stay new but id possibly go used if needs be

im looking to spend £1000

im in the northeast of england

ive been looking at the orange dual terror with an orange ppc212 cab but if you guys have any better ideas throw them out

any help is appreciated

edit: im looking for something with a fair amount of gainn but has really warm cleans
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Made Strat with hot rails
Orange Rockerverb 50 MkII
Orange PPC212 OB
Tanglewood TW1000SR/FPP
TC Electronics Polytune
Line 6 DL4
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss Ch-1
Last edited by Reaper2502 at Nov 22, 2009,
Look at the Cornford hurricane or EVA 18w standard trem TMB - http://www.englishvalveamps.co.uk/18wtrem.html
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
take a look at martamp/mjw too (various models), in addition to what jak and kyle suggested. haven't tried them, but hear very good things.

i haven't tried the dual terror, but i didn't much like the tiny terror, i think you can do a lot better for £1000.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Marshall DSL401 , buy a 2x12 cab then?
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo