So im looking for a new guitar at around £500-£700.

I play metal (like metallica, black sabbath and stuff), hard and classic rock (ACDC, guns n roses) and even a little bit of blues

I would prefer the guitar to have 24 frets, i dont change tunnings often to a tremelo is fine. i want something with either a HSH or HH setup and preferable mahogany or alder body.

Oh and they key thing is im left handed and i will not re strnig a guitar i want a left handed model.

thanks guys
Can't go wrong with a Schecter Hellraiser. They make left handed ones too.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I agree with this, Shecter has never been so versatile as they are right now.
Go and check them out!
maybe a jackson dk2 lefty?
Jackson DK2M
Fender Strat
Valveking 212
and a cheap Crate 10 watt amp

Squier Strat
Fender AcousticMusic Man amp
Quote by scorpsfan
maybe a jackson dk2 lefty?

Exactly what i was going to say.

Go and try out shecters and jacksons you like, i dont know whether they sell LH's near you.

Although only LH Jacksons are HSS not HSH/HH but you could always just get a single coil sized HB'er. i know it isnt the same but it would be worth it for an amazing quality guitar. Also have a look at the limited left handed Ibanez if you can find any, they make the 1570 and 370 within your price range. They might be hard to find though.

If i were you id go for the Jackson though.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by larrytheguitar

doesnt that have active EMGs i here that arnt good for anything but metal
Quote by Tedis1111
doesnt that have active EMGs i here that arnt good for anything but metal

While some active EMG's have less then pristine cleans it doesn't mean all active EMG pickups are shit. Much like how some Gibson models are bad doesn't mean all Gibson models are shit.

And if you are able to stretch you budget by about 50 pounds or haggle then Ibanez RG1570L gets my vote http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/7048 obviously it doesn't have the Mahogany or Alder body but yeah.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
While some active EMG's have less then pristine cleans it doesn't mean all active EMG pickups are shit. Much like how some Gibson models are bad doesn't mean all Gibson models are shit.

And if you are able to stretch you budget by about 50 pounds or haggle then Ibanez RG1570L gets my vote http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/7048 obviously it doesn't have the Mahogany or Alder body but yeah.

looks good but my current has a basswood body and i dont like it too much, the wood does nothing for the sound
Quote by Tedis1111
looks good but my current has a basswood body and i dont like it too much, the wood does nothing for the sound

I agree with you partly there. but see what Mr Satriani and all other non-sig ibanez guitar users.

EMGs are not only good for Metal. The 81 was created in the 80s I believe and the 60 has amazing cleans not just suited for metal. Remember your technique defines your playing style not your tone (it just makes it suit the genre).
My guitar teacher uses the 81/85 and plays classic rock all the way to modern metal and it sounds amazing for them all.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by Satch-Vai-Slash
This

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html

I have the right handed model and you will love very nice thin
neck and though the neck pickup is a little muddy when you roll down the tone
but the amazing tremolo makes up for that.

link doesnt work man which model is it?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by riflesndaisies
link doesnt work man which model is it?

Type in on Google Ibanez RG2550Z Left Handed.

Its limited so you might have to be quick in buying it.
Last edited by Satch-Vai-Slash at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by Satch-Vai-Slash
Type in on Google Ibanez RG2550Z Left Handed.

Its limited so you might have to be quick in buying it.

will ts be able to afford it though? Even the 1570 was out of his budget.

TS if you can afford the LH Ibanezs go for it but the jacksons and schecters have better wood quality.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Oh poo yeah io got mine for £750 At Coda Music but they didnt stock the LF Model
TS If i were you i would have a look at Scheters sorry.

Quote by Banana Wedgie
Eh, Dean make some awesome left handed stuff, so do Schecter so does... Uhm.... Nobody?
Oh wait.... Custom shops!

i dont like deans at all, mainly cos the only lefties are those ugly MLs
Whats the opinion going on Les pauls, could they handle metal and whats hte best for teh price??