I'm probably not going to actually try this but would it be possible to do this to a les paul:

http://www.jamshop.se/images/items/Fender-Les-Paul-Sunburst59.jpg

I know that picture was probably photoshopped, but it has inspired me

I suppose you could use a decent les paul copy that has a bolt on neck, like a Vintage V99, remove the neck and bolt on a Strat or Tele neck?

I dunno, maybe it doesen't fit, but it looks pretty funny

Tell me your thoughts on this, whether it can be done, whether you think it's ugly, Etc...
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
i think its been done on here before but i cant remember who did it. personally i dont see that point but i wouldnt bother as i love the LP headstocks
the Neck wouldnt fit. Les paul has a much wider neck.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
It could be done if you either found a Strat style neck with the EXACT dimensions of the LP neck somewhere, or, you made either the body or the neck specifically to fit the other. Any of those are relatively doable
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Warmoth is to only way your gonna find the neck pocket compatability you need. A fender neck isnt gonna drop in any epi or other brand bolt neck LP. And of course there is the scale length issue. I went the other way putting a warmoth conversion 24 3/4 neck on a strat body. I did see a set of plans once for a bolt neck LP body using a fender style neck.
Reminds me of an SG my girlfriend has. I thought it was an Epi for a long time.....Turned out it was a Squier.

My mind was blown.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It's amazing what difference a headstock can make, but that whole guitar looks really ugly. And I LOVE Les Pauls generally.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
As Tackleberry mentioned, you will have scale length issues. You might also have neck angle problems. Your best bet would be to make it from scratch. You might need one of those string-retainer bars too since you won't have a tilt-back headstock.
Keep the stock neck and add a pickguard with 3 single-coils, and a top mounted jack.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Reminds me of an SG my girlfriend has. I thought it was an Epi for a long time.....Turned out it was a Squier.

My mind was blown.

pics....?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
The 'tarded guitar guy who owns a shop down the road from me did something similar.

http://yox.biz/guitars_yox_paulcaster.htm

EDIT: No offense to the starter of this thread, I'm not saying that doing this is 'tarded.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

Last edited by Steve-Mo at Nov 22, 2009,
Wow man that paulcaster actually is pretty effin sweet dude!!. If you were gunna put on a tele neck check out st.blues guitars for like comparisons because they're all lespaul body styles with a tele neck.
Quote by blindsagacity
pics....?

Hers is red like that. She got it as her first real guitar but then she stopped playing to write and draw instead, she has phases. I'm trying to get her back in to playing because turns out, that guitar is actually better than I would have imagined. Great reviews.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
^yes. it's pretty odd.

this thread reminds me of the Zakk Wylde Flying SG.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by Fridge101
Never seen a Squier SG before.. thats a strange one

Maybe it's some other kind of Squier name... I doubt Fender would have its budget brand making competitor's guitars.
@Fiire: That is truly epic.

Anywho I like the concept. But, yeah, LPs have waaay different dimensions. I think it can be done. Anythings possible.
Quote by Seref
Maybe it's some other kind of Squier name... I doubt Fender would have its budget brand making competitor's guitars.

It's a Squier s-73, they did make them and it is Fender Squire they started in 2002 then discontinued them after a few years.

She also has a Spectra that was only made from 86 to 87 and she barely even plays guitar anymore!
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Can I just ask how many of you think it's ugly, and how many fo you think it looks nice/is physcedelic/rock & roll/other positive thing?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
I think it looks ok.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
My telecaster build had an lp neck. I love it.
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal