Do you think the Kramer Focus (see link) would be better quality and sound than a Yamaha Pacifica 012? or even a 112?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/81119

Just tell me what you think, perhaps you've had experience with them, but I'm looking for a better fat strat than my Pacifica 012, that perhaps also more resembles a real strat (Pacifica body is different) and if this is the one, then...well just tell me what you think of it
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Wait what is your gear exactly? I've seen you post numerous threads either with cheap low end gear or asking about more cheap low end gear. TBH just stop looking at cheap stuff and save up some money for a Fender fat strat or whatever guitar you really want.
You won't get better than a Pacifica for that kinda money.

My Pacifica beat the shit out of every other strat copy, squier strat and even the MIM fender strat I've played.
Yamaha 503TVL
Yamaha Pacifica
Squier Tele Custom II
Crafter bass
Cube 60
Kustom 2x12
both are cheap and crappy so theres no real difference
GEAR
Epiphone SG G 400
Marshall JH-1
Peavy Vyper
Marshall MG 10
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
Hartke A100
The Yamaha 112 is better, there's nothing really Kramer about that new MusicYo Kramer Focus. If you want a kickass guitar, look for an 80's Kramer Focus on Ebay but out of those 2 go for the Yamaha.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
The Yamaha 112 is better, there's nothing really Kramer about that new MusicYo Kramer Focus.

agreed. i think the focus is plywood, too, from what i can remember of reading the specs when musicyo was still around.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm - my Yamaha Pacifica is the 012, and apparently they're bad quality? By the way, that Kramer Focus there is alder/nato apparently, so I dunno, this any good? Or is it some cheap con?

When you say your Yamaha Pacifica kicked the crap out of a Fender Fat strat, what model is your Pacifica?

By the way - what's the Yamaha Pacifica 112J like? I take it's an improvement on the 012?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Last edited by Eurozeppelin at Nov 22, 2009,
as i said, as far as i can remember, that's alder/nato plywood or something like that. Avoid, in other words, as your pacifica will likely be better already.

i'm also not sure if it's worth upgrading from the 012 to the 112. i haven't tried the 012, but the 112 is made of alder, not agathis... which is generally considered to be better, but whether it's a sufficient improvement to justify a purchase... you're moving from a beginner guitar to a slightly better beginner guitar, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Yamaha for sure out of those 2. That model Focus is a POS! I see them often in pawnshops for less than $75. As said, nothing really Kramer about that guitar.