Whats up UG..
I started playing guitar last year, I've improved A LOT. I enjoy playing classic rock and all metal, but my main genres are Hardcore (and pretty much all the subgenres) and Instrumental (neoclassic, instrumental rock, instrumental metal, progressive)

The thing is that I own a JS30KV, it is INSANE for the price I paid.. I put a Dimarzio D-Sonic/Air norton and I want to replace it..

The problem is that the Air Norton sounds way too "fat", the harmonic response is too small.. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing pickup but i want something more alive..

For example: Dimarzio Evolution Neck, the harmonic response is huge and it sounds more alive in solos..
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Neck pickups are supposes to sound fat.....

And it sounds like you mean treble when you say "harmonic content".

Not really.. I meant the harmonic feedback that naturally occurs with some pickups (not talking about sustaniac and sustainers).. Neck pickups aren't fat always.. That's why I said Dimarzio Evolution neck.. The harmonic response is huge and isn't as bassy as the others and IMO makes leads sound more alive and dynamic.

I currently don't own any amp.. I use a digitech rp500 (that sounds amazing, as long as you know how to EQ it, it doesn't sound digital at all) and when I gig I use a Peavey 6505+

Also, I'm not a n00b/newbie. My english sucks
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
Not really.. I meant the harmonic feedback that naturally occurs with some pickups (not talking about sustaniac and sustainers).. Neck pickups aren't fat always.. That's why I said Dimarzio Evolution neck.. The harmonic response is huge and isn't as bassy as the others and IMO makes leads sound more alive and dynamic.

I currently don't own any amp.. I use a digitech rp500 (that sounds amazing, as long as you know how to EQ it, it doesn't sound digital at all) and when I gig I use a Peavey 6505+

Also, I'm not a n00b/newbie. My english sucks

Your post originally said Evolution bridge.

And the Evo is really bright. That's why it's not "fat" - but for the most part, neck pickups sound thick and warm. it's science. As you move close to the middle of the string, the sound will be warmer.
Quote by WtrPlyr
How do you know all that about the Evolution? Did you play it with your guitar through your amp?

If you like it, get the Evolution.

Yes.. I'm still open for new suggestions. Don't wanna make the same mistake twice
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Take the pickup out and send it me, that will sort out all or problems!...

Haha you're really funny dude

Quote by forsaknazrael
Your post originally said Evolution bridge.

And the Evo is really bright. That's why it's not "fat" - but for the most part, neck pickups sound thick and warm. it's science. As you move close to the middle of the string, the sound will be warmer.

Yeah lol typo..

Any idea of a neck pickup that has a good harmonic response and such?
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
Haha you're really funny dude

Yeah lol typo..

Any idea of a neck pickup that has a good harmonic response and such?

harmonic feedback is generally something that comes from the amp, not really guitar. Generally lower output pickups are brighter and have more harmonic detail.