Hi guys,

I have a mesa boogie f-50 with a weber vintage alnico speaker in it, lovely speaker for low gain blues/jazz cleans etc but it doesn't seem to be able to cope with high gain at all. I am looking for either an inexpensive vintage 30 112 (8ohm) cab so I can swap the speakers around, with the v30 in the amp and use the extention when i want a nice clean sound and to combine the tones of the two speakers.

In addition to this, I'm looking for a pedal in a TS9 sort of format to get quite high gain tones as the amp cant quite get to the levels of distortion I am looking for (newer tool stuff, does the older stuff great!).

Any guidance you could give would be cool.

Cheers,

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Budget for the pedal? Budget, you can get a bad monkey, cool cat drive, or cool cat transparent OD will work well.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Budget for the pedal: £150ish
Budget for speaker cab: £200ish.

I've been looking into the Jensen Neo speakers, anyone have any expereince with them?

Ash
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Harley Benton 2x12 with V30's - http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm - £160

For overdrive - Rothwell Switchblade or MadebyMike Saltbreaker
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Cheers for the reccomendations!

Jak, I have lookd at them, but I sold my old 212 setup as it was to big so it would defeat the point of selling. 112 is definatly what Im looking for! I will look into those pedals, I've heard very good things about rothwells.

I've spotted a good deal on a TS9 baked mod, they any good? Cant find any soundclips or relavent reviews.

Why would you say that acdcrocks? Will look into vadars, cheers!
Maybe if you offer me a good price =], I dont think i'll get a great of use out of it. it's fully broken in just so you know and it's 8ohms.

Cheers,

Ash
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
After looking around, the rpthwell looks pretty tasty. And vadar dont seem to do a 112 .

Any 112s you guys know of?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH