Ok so I have been in the market for a new amp and I now figured out that I will only get what I pay for with a tube amp. The only problem is that with tube amps being so expensive for better ones I need to know if there is a all-tube amp with a multi-fx board I can get for about 400. I was looking at the Blackheart Little Giant Half Stack and throwing a Boss ME-20 Multi-Effects Pedal with it for metal and some good effects. Any suggestions on better rigs I can get for under 400???
My Gear
-Marshall MG10CD
-Line 6 Spider 3 15 Watt
-Jackson JS30RR
-Ibanez RG2EX1

???
i find multi-effects units really destroy your tone. id suggest only buying the pedals that you need rather than having tons of effects you will probably never even use.
Quote by CatharsisStudio
Pedalz are not metalz.

get a pod xt or a tubehead like a krank rev, or 5150, or the bugera knock off and buy a gmajor or a pod xt. and run that with the amp/cab on bybass and use all the sick effects it has

He has 400 dollars.
Quote by WtrPlyr
What effects do you need? And I'd advise to save up, you'll get something mcuh nicer in the end.

Well I need a distortion pedal so I can get some good BFMV and other metalcore band tones as well as a decent clean tone and just the basic effects like delay and reverb.
My Gear
-Marshall MG10CD
-Line 6 Spider 3 15 Watt
-Jackson JS30RR
-Ibanez RG2EX1

???
The Blackheart will struggle to do metal, even with a nice pedal...so I would definitely stay away from that route.

Used peavey vypyr 60. Tube...effects...$359 w/ free shipping on Musicians Friend right now. GO!
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
The Blackheart will struggle to do metal, even with a nice pedal...so I would definitely stay away from that route.

Used peavey vypyr 60. Tube...effects...$359 w/ free shipping on Musicians Friend right now. GO!

Well the thing is that I play more in a bedroom/garage and so do I need an amp as big as 60 watts? (Im eventually going to try and get into a band)
My Gear
-Marshall MG10CD
-Line 6 Spider 3 15 Watt
-Jackson JS30RR
-Ibanez RG2EX1

???
Quote by Danielpz94
Well the thing is that I play more in a bedroom/garage and so do I need an amp as big as 60 watts? (Im eventually going to try and get into a band)

The Vypyrs sound fine at bedroom volumes too. You're going to want more than the 5 watts the Blackheart has if you do decide to join a band anyway.
Peavey Vypers are NOT TUBE AMPS.

I'm not sure about prices... but you could have a look at the peavey valveking.

As for effects, seriously don't bother with a multi fx. You won't even need that many, probably a delay, maybe some kind of OD and a noise gate.
Top lel.
Quote by the memory

the 60 and 120 use a tube power section...modelling preamp. Its going to sound many times better than a pedal through a blackheart.
Quote by the memory

I'm not sure about prices... but you could have a look at the peavey valveking.

As for effects, seriously don't bother with a multi fx. You won't even need that many, probably a delay, maybe some kind of OD and a noise gate.

Ya a gate would be awsome but would that be a whole seperate pedal? And I would think the valveking and the vyper would sound alot alike right?
My Gear
-Marshall MG10CD
-Line 6 Spider 3 15 Watt
-Jackson JS30RR
-Ibanez RG2EX1

???
Really?

What kind of tubes are in it?

edit: Yeah noise gate is one single pedal but believe me they are really good. Having said that... I've actually stopped using mine :/ haha
Right now im running no pedals live other than by boss tuner
Top lel.
Last edited by the memory at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by Danielpz94
And I would think the valveking and the vyper would sound alot alike right?

Just because they're both made by peavey doesn't mean they sound alike. The Vypyr has way more tone options than a valveking. And the valveking will need an OD and a speaker swap to be worth the trouble.

Seriously though...go try all your options. Try a multi fx through the blackheart...try a VK...try a vypyr...try anything else out in your price range. I'm sure most music stores in your area will have all 3.

Quote by the memory
Really?

6L6's and a 12AX7 in the preamp (buffer)
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by the memory
Really?

edit: Yeah noise gate is one single pedal but believe me they are really good. Having said that... I've actually stopped using mine :/ haha
Right now im running no pedals live other than by boss tuner

The 60 has 3 6L6s
Actually I was looking at the Peavey VYPER 60 and the Peavey Valveking112 and the Peavey Vyper sounds like a steal for how much il pay for one used
My Gear
-Marshall MG10CD
-Line 6 Spider 3 15 Watt
-Jackson JS30RR
-Ibanez RG2EX1

???
ah i thought so.

Also, about the valveking needing an OD. BS. haha
I sh*t you not, I've witnessed a band locally running a 6505+ next to a VK with NOTHING infront of them both and it sounded killer
Top lel.
I think the Vypyr Tube sounds better than the Valveking out of the box, but a VK with some upgrades is killer. I'm getting the output transformer of my VK changed soon.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by the memory
ah i thought so.

Also, about the valveking needing an OD. BS. haha
I sh*t you not, I've witnessed a band locally running a 6505+ next to a VK with NOTHING infront of them both and it sounded killer

Ya I think the VYPER 60 takes the cake and does this amp a good clean as well?
My Gear
-Marshall MG10CD
-Line 6 Spider 3 15 Watt
-Jackson JS30RR
-Ibanez RG2EX1

???