Hi have anybody her jailbreaked your ipod/iphone? I have a ipod touch and i want to do it. But what new cool stuff can you do with it after you jailbreaked it?

Ive seen that you can get new games and stuff. But can it harm you ipod?
Quote by Fleabag
It's illegal.

That's why.

Plus there are many ipod threads. TS, searchbar before you post!
YNWA
I've done it, three or four times before. I like it for Winterboard which lets you have custom icons background and customize other things. Also it's not illegal so there's no reason to report it.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by Fleabag
It's illegal.

That's why.

No its not.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by desperatechris
Dont be such a Nazi.

Go read, "The Only ipod FAQ Thread" and then come back to us.
YNWA
Quote by Fleabag
It's illegal.

That's why.

Jailbreaking an iPod is not illegal at all, you have no idea what you're talking about.
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
It's not illegal, and this isn't an Ipod FAQ, it's an iPhone FAQ, and honestly it's less about iPhones, and more baout jailbreaking them.
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
Quote by Lithium717
Jailbreaking an iPod is not illegal at all, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Well, this may well be true.

I was under the impression the point of jailbreaking an iPod/iPhone was to get apps for free. Apps that you normally would have had to pay for, as they are copyrighted.

However, if it's not illegal, then that can't be the case. So please enlighten me. What is jailbreaking?
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by fret-less
It's not illegal, and this isn't an Ipod FAQ, it's an iPhone FAQ, and honestly it's less about iPhones, and more baout jailbreaking them.

owned....
I am a nice guy amd i like The Adicts and cupycakes!
Why don't you use Google to enlighten yourself, seeing as you were so willing to bitch and whine as soon as this thread popped up.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Punching Steve jobbs in his face.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884233

EDIT: and it is illegal, if you're modifying the iphone software you're infringing on the end user license agreement as well as potentially infringing on Apple's Intellectual property rights.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Nov 22, 2009,
is that why they had an ipod dev team for jailbreaks then?

i jail broke mine but still pay for the apps, i just wanted the backgrounds and color schemes.

it just voids the warranty, but mine was already up so i said to hell with it.

if you upgraded to 3.0 you cannot jailbreak without bricking it
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by westdyolf
is that why they had an ipod dev team for jailbreaks then?

i jail broke mine but still pay for the apps, i just wanted the backgrounds and color schemes.

it just voids the warranty, but mine was already up so i said to hell with it.

if you upgraded to 3.0 you cannot jailbreak without bricking it

read the license agreement.

Quote by license agreement
you may not and you agree not to, or enable others to...modify... the iPhone Software or any services provided by the iPhone Software, or any part thereof. Any attempt to do so is a violation of the rights of Apple and its licensors of the iPhone Software.

in order to bypass security measure, they must have modified the code of the software.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Ulalume
Why don't you use Google to enlighten yourself, seeing as you were so willing to bitch and whine as soon as this thread popped up.

owned...
I am a nice guy amd i like The Adicts and cupycakes!
Quote by Lemoninfluence
read the license agreement.

in order to bypass security measure, they must have modified the code of the software.

yes they recently changeds the license agreement, but i did it when it was allowed and apple had a dev team for it.

all you do to jailbreak it is rewrite the firmware from an older stage, like 2.2.1(mine)

you cant with any of the updates past that one or else it bricks the ipod and basically ruins it.

it WAS legal, not anymore.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
I don't see why they'd have a team working on methods to bypass their own security measures apart from maybe figuring out how to stop it.

Quote by element4433