Well I've been doing a lot of looking around for a new guitar. The amp i using is a Line6 Spider IV 75w (don't flame the amp, I'm 17 and work in fast food so it does the most for me for its price. IMHO its much better than the III).

So I'm looking in the 300$-600$ price range. Ive looked into the Ibanez RG370DX, Schecter Omen Extreme 6 FR, and the Jackson DX10D Dinky. They all seem really good beside Ibanez's edge 3 tremolo but i suspect any Floyd Rose imitation at this price is going to have problems.

If the FR imitations in all of these brands are that bad at this price them i suppose ill go fixed bridge. Anyways I'm looking for a Devil Wears Prada, Atreyu, Underoath sound out of it. If you guys have any other suggestions let me know ill check them out.
get a better amp
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Honestly i don't see why everyone hates line 6 so much. Have you guys ever played the Spider4? IMO the spider 3 was not good at all. The open back of the cab made it sound way to bright and its amp channels were not that great. But the 4 has a closed back which really helps and the amp channels just sound better. But thats just my opinion anyways. Theres tube amps out there that i can get used for the same price that do sound better but they aren't nearly as versatile.

i haven't really considered the esp guitars but ill look into them. any other suggestions?
the spider sound like a 8-bit Nintendo NES and the distortion is muddy

try to sell it for 200 and buy a flextone,vetta or vyprys which have way better modeling
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
YES the MH-401 card is pulled out!
They are what you want, all the others have basswood bodies don't they? Mahogany might make that slight tonal difference you want, as well as the EMGs, alongside the fact its ESP, and I have a bottom range one for over a year, and I made a guy, saving up for a Jackson with EMGs consider it, but went for the Jackson due to its pickups.
So get it. Get it now.
I'm watching you, you haven't got it yet, get it.
NOW!
Last edited by Banana Wedgie at Nov 22, 2009,
Ok well what do you guys think of the tiny terrors by orange for that type of music? The line 6 is about as loud as ill need at the moment. I want to be able to get some metal tone such as what the peavey 5050 delivers but without the insane headroom taht will blow my windows out.
I would really just get a new amp in your place.

EDIT:
Quote by CrysisFX
Ok well what do you guys think of the tiny terrors by orange for that type of music? The line 6 is about as loud as ill need at the moment. I want to be able to get some metal tone such as what the peavey 5050 delivers but without the insane headroom taht will blow my windows out.

If you keep the volume down you won't have any problems.

2 suggestions:

Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Blackstar HT-5 & Bad Monkey OD
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Nov 22, 2009,
The old I want a new guitar and they get 'get a new amp' reply instead.

I wonder if they do the same things to other people in their lives? A friend asks, hey, I need some new tires for my car, its running rough. Thats not problem, get a new car. Get rid of that minivan thats cost-affordable for you and suits your 3 kids fine, get the best fastest sports car you can buy. Who cares if you can't afford it, and it only seats 2, thats the only way to get a smoother ride.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by GeToChKn
The old I want a new guitar and they get 'get a new amp' reply instead.

I wonder if they do the same things to other people in their lives? A friend asks, hey, I need some new tires for my car, its running rough. Thats not problem, get a new car. Get rid of that minivan thats cost-affordable for you and suits your 3 kids fine, get the best fastest sports car you can buy. Who cares if you can't afford it, and it only seats 2, thats the only way to get a smoother ride.

Thats a roundabout way of putting it but youre right
TS if you dont want a new amp dont get one. imho it is more important to have a guitar that plays nicely especially when practising. if that amp is all you need thats ok
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
I use a fender strat and the line6 now. personally i dont think either are bad but neither were made for the tone i want. So eventually ill be getting new both amp and guitar.

I like the HT-5 sound a lot.
Quote by Banana Wedgie
YES the MH-401 card is pulled out!
They are what you want, all the others have basswood bodies don't they? Mahogany might make that slight tonal difference you want, as well as the EMGs, alongside the fact its ESP, and I have a bottom range one for over a year, and I made a guy, saving up for a Jackson with EMGs consider it, but went for the Jackson due to its pickups.
So get it. Get it now.
I'm watching you, you haven't got it yet, get it.
NOW!

Your posts annoy me. The MH401 is a very good guitar but the EMGs will not sound good in the slightest through a solid state modelling amp, and the tonewood that an EMG equipped guitar is made of has about as much of an effect as the position of the moon in the sky.

TS, if you want actives, invest in a new amp for your own sake (something valve driven). If you want passives, maybe check out other passive equipped LTD models in the same price range
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Its active? I'm not saying thats dead on the guitar i want but i didn't look into it enough to notice it was or wasn't. Either way the HT-5 has me blown away and its definitely my next amp.

One thing i have notice was that tubes that it has are both pre-amp tubes. does that mean that its power amp is SS?
Quote by CrysisFX
Its active? I'm not saying thats dead on the guitar i want but i didn't look into it enough to notice it was or wasn't. Either way the HT-5 has me blown away and its definitely my next amp.

One thing i have notice was that tubes that it has are both pre-amp tubes. does that mean that its power amp is SS?

Pretty sure the HT5 is all valve. Either way it's a fantastic amp and will do justice to active pickups more than the Spider. If the MH is a route you are interested in going down then the Blackstar will more than likely make it shine
Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by CrysisFX

no generally basic tube amps have 2 tubes one pre amp and one power and then it has a solid state rectifier
All all the MH series good? or just the MH-401? i have never heard anything bad about esp guitars.
Quote by CrysisFX
All all the MH series good? or just the MH-401? i have never heard anything bad about esp guitars.

Which guitars are you looking at?
Quote by fleajr_1412

Im looking at the MH series LTD's on esp's website. it seems only the 401 has emg pickups and thats its major selling point so it looks like thats the one. im going to browse some of the other ltd guitars as well.

Now i know this seems n00bish but guitar center has a factory restock version of this guitar cheaper than the norm. what does factory restock mean?
ive seem what kids do to demos..... NTY. ive heard emg's before and i think they sound much more defined and clearer than other. buts thats me. I think the 401 is the way to go and also a HT-5 amp. Thanks all for the help
Nah, kids dont break it, they just sit with it on their lap and ruin the factory strings. No, they aren't all like this I know, but chances are its fine.
Most places will quickly check over and fix anything on ex demos that goes wrong anyway!

EMG sounds bad through solid state amps.
Last edited by Banana Wedgie at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Depends on if you like the ESP pickups though...

Or you know, you could like buy some new pickups imagine that, buying some irongear pickups or something for like 50 quid a set.

And you sir, theres something about you, that pisses me off royally, what you think your awesome enough to be awesome, doesn't work that way.

P.S I like Ibanez's..

WACHA GON DOO NAO?
Quote by Ikonoklast
This comment has just made me cry with laughter. You = Win.
Quote by rhcp-legends
Thats a roundabout way of putting it but youre right
TS if you dont want a new amp dont get one. imho it is more important to have a guitar that plays nicely especially when practising. if that amp is all you need thats ok

Damnit!

FINALLY....

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!

When practicing, its FAR MORE IMPORTANT that your guitar is comfortable and helps you improve your skills.

A better and comfortable guitar will make huge impact on your practice and progression than sounding good ever will.

Regarding the HT5... The 12BH7 is the power amp tube.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Nov 23, 2009,