So, I have a Line 6 Spider Valve 112. I know everyone on UG hates Spiders, but this one's a tube, and I like having all the sounds at my disposal. The thing is, as of now, I don't have a footswitch (or whatever you wanna call it) to switch between the tones on my amp from the floor. My amp has Phaser, Tremolo, Delay, and Flanger effects that you can add to any tone, but I can only do that before/after I play a song. I'm using the pickup selector on my Les Paul to switch between clean/distorted sounds during songs. Would it be a good idea to get a footswitch and then invest in some pedals? I'm interested in getting a tremolo pedal, phaser, and other effects already built-in to my amp.

Is that my only way to get these sounds from the floor?
Quote by Eddie4President
You are amazing. The fact that you have paramore next to disturbed shows how awesome you are.
Here, an awesome medal. It's made out of awesomnite.
:extends medal:

Quote by Fallen_Seeker
Thank you!
I would give you an awesome metal, but
I can't find any awesomnite.
I'd get one of the line6 footswitch pedals used from ebay or something, then see what pedals you like the best then eventually (when you have the money or whatever) sell your line6 and upgrade to a decent valve amp with the effects you like the best.

Or get a multieffects pedal of some sort, I like Korgs AX1500G.

Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
I have a footswitch for my amp to change my effects, but, honestly, I don't use it.
I don't see myself using the non-reverb quite often to use my pedal.

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
i think it would be stupid to have paid for those effects (spiders are overpriced because of those extra features that no one uses, like effects) and then you get other pedals to replace them. i would get a used spider footswitch from ebay like guitarristclass says.