As the titel.

I'm thinking of selling my multi-FX and then buy some new stompboxes.
I was thinking of getting a
- distortion (boss os-2)
- Some cheap-ass delay
- volume pedal
- equalizer (danelectro fish 'n chips)

My questions are....

1. Do they all come with powercable?
2. what would be another good distortion? for not too much money

Music I am playing is mostly sum 41, blink 182, the swellers, story of the year, rise against, sometimes a little blues and I try to so solo every now and then.
I think I will get around 250 euro for my multi-FX if I sell it but I want to use 200 of them for new pedals.

Thanks in advance
You don't have to get any pedals. What sounds/effects do you want? Otherwise, plugging straight into the amp works just fine.

Most don't come with AC adapters, but every once and awhile you get lucky and one does. If you go into GC and hassle them, you might be able to get them to throw one in for free when you buy the pedal. I just use one AC adapter and daisy chain my pedals. Some don't take to daisy chaining very well (EHX), those get their own AC adapter when I need them on a board.

What amp do you have?

Boss distortions aren't that great. There are other pedals I'd recommend well before Boss for distortion. I really like the MI Audio Crunch Box. Tech21's XXL also impressed me. The cheapest delay that's even worth looking at is the Ibanez DE7. The Delta Lab one that just came out is alright but doesn't have much of a delay time on it. Volume pedals are good if you want to do swells, or lower the signal going into your amp to clean it up a bit. Otherwise, I'd just use the volume knob on the guitar. The Fish n Chips does its job as an EQ. I prefer MXRs though, they're built better and you can get a 10 band.
1. No, usually you have to buy an adapter separately.
2. That OS-2 is an overdrive, not a distortion pedal. Regardless this is good if you could find it used. If you want new, this is pretty good, though it is more of a heavy overdrive than a distortion.
I have a blackheart little giant.
I have looked some videos up on youtube of boss pedals and I didn't find them as shitty as everyone says.
You don't have to get any pedals. What sounds/effects do you want? Otherwise, plugging straight into the amp works just fine.

Well sure if you want to limit your options and make it more likely you sound like everyone else. People make fun of the Edge but at leasy you can pick him out.
Quote by BobDetroit
What don't you like about your multi-FX?

- I can only use distortion if a use one of the pre-set amps which are very digital sounding.
- It's big as hell
- and it's too much for what I use, I mostly use little delay distortion and with bandrehearsal my volume pedal but that's it.

I know you all are thinking ''why the **** did you buy it then'' that's because a few years ago that thing was the bomb because it had things on it and stuff. But now that i am a little more experienced player. I think that most of the FX on it are totally useless
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
Maybe a smaller, better multi-fx then?

naah I learned a lot of the multi FX. But I don't think I want it again. If you got stompboxes you can add, upgrade and throw something away I think I like that more
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
- I can only use distortion if a use one of the pre-set amps which are very digital sounding.
- It's big as hell
- and it's too much for what I use, I mostly use little delay distortion and with bandrehearsal my volume pedal but that's it.

I know you all are thinking ''why the **** did you buy it then'' that's because a few years ago that thing was the bomb because it had things on it and stuff. But now that i am a little more experienced player. I think that most of the FX on it are totally useless

Lots of us have a multi-FX pedal we grew out of. Sounds like you have a good idea of what you want and you're on the right track.

Most guys like Tube Screamers. Would probably sound pretty good with your amp. Big Muffs are great too. I also like the MXR Distortion + . (in my experience anything will sound better than the multi-FX for distortion. well almost anything)

I like the MXR Carbon Copy analog delay but it's not the cheapest.

Lots of guys use the MXR 10 band EQ. Fish n Chips EQs are good for the money.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by BobDetroit
Lots of us have a multi-FX pedal we grew out of. Sounds like you have a good idea of what you want and you're on the right track.

Most guys like Tube Screamers. Would probably sound pretty good with your amp. Big Muffs are great too. I also like the MXR Distortion + . (in my experience anything will sound better than the multi-FX for distortion. well almost anything)

I like the MXR Carbon Copy analog delay but it's not the cheapest.

Lots of guys use the MXR 10 band EQ. Fish n Chips EQs are good for the money.

Do you know if the boss os-2 is as shitty as everyone says?
Quote by niels-uiterwaal

I don't care for most Boss distortions although I can't remember that one specifically. There are so many other good ones out there. You just have to try it.
Quote by BobDetroit
I don't care for most Boss distortions although I can't remember that one specifically. There are so many other good ones out there. You just have to try it.

and how about the marshall distortions?
Quote by niels-uiterwaal

I have an OS-2, and it's really not bad at all. Now, I'm definitely not a pedal connoisseur (at least not yet ) and I'm stuck using a MG15CDR for now, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But it does a good job covering a OD/DS range- goes from a very light OD to a punk/hard rock DS. My only qualms with it are: it can't really deliver the metal distortion I want too well (but that's more a personal thing) and the Color and Drive knobs don't really change much past 3 o'clock. But it's been a very good first OD/DS/whichever-one it-really-is pedal for me- doesn't have the "can of bees" sound other BOSS pedals I've tried have.

I'd keep it in mind, but keep an eye out for other pedals, too.
Quote by GuerillaGorilla
I have an OS-2, and it's really not bad at all. Now, I'm definitely not a pedal connoisseur (at least not yet ) and I'm stuck using a MG15CDR for now, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But it does a good job covering a OD/DS range- goes from a very light OD to a punk/hard rock DS. My only qualms with it are: it can't really deliver the metal distortion I want too well (but that's more a personal thing) and the Color and Drive knobs don't really change much past 3 o'clock. But it's been a very good first OD/DS/whichever-one it-really-is pedal for me- doesn't have the "can of bees" sound other BOSS pedals I've tried have.

I'd keep it in mind, but keep an eye out for other pedals, too.

Thank you
I have a Little Giant too. I use a Crunch Box for distortion, then when I need it to be super-high gain, I put a Digitech Bad Monkey in front of the Crunch Box. It gets pretty noisy, but sounds good. A light delay after both pedals makes for really really nice Marshally solo tone.
what would be a nice delay? I thought of the harley benton DD-2 most of the people say that those are pretty decent.
And does it matter to take a cheap volume pedal?
you bumped in less than 2hrs...

what kind of delay are you looking for? digital? analog? do you want tap tempo? how long of a delay time are you looking for?

DE-7 cheapest best digi delay, i love my carbon copy, people swear by BOSS dd-3, i liked my dd-6 (but i like the CC better)