Hey guys

So let's say I'm playing this on the high E string:

e: 9 0 5 9 0 4 9 0 3 9/14\9 0 5 9 0...

The bolds are played with tapping (middle finger). The rest are just pull offs and hammer-ons. The low part of my right hand is muting the strings all the time, so when I tap three times the 9 (C# note) I don't move the hand at all. When comes the slide to the 14, my hand doesn't leave the strings, neither my middle finger (I just slide up and down without leaving the frets) and of course my right hand needs to move up the neck.

The thing is, because my hand is still muting the strings as I go up, there's a noise from the slide (even when it's still being muted). If your amp is loud enough, you'll hear it for sure. So I don't really know what to do here, except trying to mute really really softly, but it still does that "muting slide" sound. Any ideas?
Last edited by symba05 at Nov 22, 2009,
Use left hand muting. And the 9th fret on the e string is C# not B.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
Use left hand muting. And the 9th fret on the e string is C# not B.

You're right, my bad :P

In this case that is possible because I'm not doing nothing with my left hand during the slide, but in other situations that may not work.
Quote by symba05
You're right, my bad :P

In this case that is possible because I'm not doing nothing with my left hand during the slide, but in other situations that may not work.

The only way that it wouldn't be possible is if you are playing something else on another string with your left hand, in which case you will be doing a combination of left and right hand muting.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.