K.

so im trying to decide between a zune HD and an ipod touch.
theyre about the same price, but the ipod touch is definitely better
problem is, ive been using rhapsody with this other mp3 player for a long time, and it doesnt work with the ipod or the zune

zune has this thing called a zune pass which basically does the same thing as rhapsody (15 bucks a month for unlimited music, but you have to plug ur zune in every 30 days)
but i still think id be better off with the ipod

and then the problem with the ipod is that getting all the music i already have is gonna cost alot
which means i would probably have to use limewire

so help me decide
zune hd w/ zune pass or ipod touch with limewire?
iPod ftw.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

TBH it depends on how much the Apps mean to you. The focus to the iPod Touch is on Apps, the focus of the Zune HD is on media playing. To my ears the Zune HD sounds better, has a better bass response, and it's not as irritatingly treble-y as I have found some iPods to be. Also if you intend on watching movies at all the OLED screen in the Zune is amazing.

If you don't care about any of that, then just go with the Touch for popularity's sake.
iPod

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Seref
TBH it depends on how much the Apps mean to you. The focus to the iPod Touch is on Apps, the focus of the Zune HD is on media playing. To my ears the Zune HD sounds better, has a better bass response, and it's not as irritatingly treble-y as I have found some iPods to be. Also if you intend on watching movies at all the OLED screen in the Zune is amazing.

If you don't care about any of that, then just go with the Touch for popularity's sake.

This.

Also, the Zune Pass is actually a good idea if you want to find new music and will download a lot of it. If you're only gonna download one album a month though, then it's a terrible deal.
Quote by Seref
Zune HD sounds better, has a better bass response, and it's not as irritatingly treble-y as I have found some iPods to be
You can adjust the treble & bass you know...

Go with iPod. Why? Cuz Zune's customer support sucks.
Quote by jdrier21
iPod
The zunepass this is probably one of the most money hording things Microsoft has ever done. just look into the details.

btw, where is the music u already have? why will you have to re-download it all using limewire?

its all in a protected format that expires after 30 days if you dont plug it into a computer and start rhapsody
Go with the Zune

I found the ipod touch too harsh sounding compared to other ipods such as the nano and classic.

Ipod touch < Zune < Other ipod
Quote by sporkman7
its all in a protected format that expires after 30 days if you dont plug it into a computer and start rhapsody

lolpwnt

Taken from the rhapsody wiki page

Rhapsody customers using the Jukebox client may use the Harmony plug-in by RealNetworks to convert tracks purchased from the Rhapsody service into FairPlay AAC files for use on Apple's iPod line of digital audio players. Apple has countered this feature by modifying the firmware on certain iPods to prevent playback of these converted files without affecting tracks purchased via Apple's iTunes Music Store. Real initially responded by continually modifying the Harmony plug-in to restore compatibility.

Dunno if the modification still stands with the itunes store, but i guess, since you have rhapsody, then you wont be using it anyway, so it looks like the ipod will work with all your rhapsody music.
Honestly...I touch is like a modeling amp. If the screen goes you've got nothing. I'd go with the Zune if you truly need an mp3 player or maybe getting something a little smaller? If its not that big of an issue seriously go with a cd player, cassette player or my favorite the turntable! Your ears will thank you.