Hey everyone. I've been getting into this fusion metal stuff lately.

Listen to the first song on this myspace

http://www.myspace.com/redseasfire

at around 31-35 seconds there is a big fusion type riff in there. Can anyone help me find the scale for this?

What are the chords being played?

Anyone have any suggestions on how to write stuff like it.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
The first part sounded like picked D major arpeggios, but I might be wrong. The next part (the 30 second part) sort of sounded like an E major or a B major solo.

About the chords, I'm totally lost. It sounds like mostly powerchords though, I just can't pick out what the exact notes are.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
At 50 seconds you can hear the chords without the solo over it but I'm lost as well.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Anyone?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
up
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
just ask nolly, hes on UG
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
It's in G minor. I'm going to write out a tab from around .26 - .38, up to the first sweepish bit (hammer-ons etc not included, there's a lot of legato)

E|------------------------------------------------------------------------11----13p12p11p10-------
B|-------------------------------------------------------------------9------------------------------
G|------------------------------------------------------8--10--12------------------------------------
D|-------------------------------------------10--12--------------------------------------------------
A|------8--10------8--10--12--10--12--13------------------------------------------------------------
E|--10----------10-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E|------13-----10-----10---------------------------(bu)15---------------------------------------
B|--------------------------------10--11------------------------------------------------------------
G|--12-----10-----12----12------------------------------------------------------------------------
D|------------------------------------------11--12---------------------------------------------------
A|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the first time I've ever bothered to do a tab, you best be grateful

So all of that is in G minor, the top bar is the lick you were referring to. I don't know about the rest but it sounds pretty much the same.

The chords, on a quick listen, are Gmin - F#maj - Db sus2 - A sus2

That could be wrong, but the bass notes at least are correct.
Last edited by Beserker at Nov 25, 2009,
Actually, can someone explain why the G minor scale works over that progression which is clearly not in the Gm key signature? I am theory deficient.
can someone tell me why this is a fusion lick when its just blowing (or not blowing) over tertiary chords
Quote by Beserker
It's in G minor.

The chords, on a quick listen, are Gmin - F#maj - Db sus2 - A sus2

I hate being utterly wrong
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |