so im looking at a bugera 412H, because i played it with a b52, and they sounded good together, and i was wondering if it was because mostly the b52, or if the cab has any importance, rather than just alot more watts. thanks
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Speakers are EVERYTHING. Size of cab, type of wood, open/closed back all makes a difference
/rig
Quote by mespinos
Speakers are EVERYTHING. Size of cab, type of wood, open/closed back all makes a difference

sooo what do you think of the bugera 412h?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
If you plan on hearing yourself, they're real important.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
If you plan on hearing yourself, they're real important.

no kidding. but the quality. will i hear a big difference from a 250 dollar cab to a 750 dollar cab?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
yeah, speaker quality is huge, so is quantity, 4x12 will be a wall of sound while a 1x8 will be boxy
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by diceksox1809
no kidding. but the quality. will i hear a big difference from a 250 dollar cab to a 750 dollar cab?

Well yes cause the later will have better speakers and better build quality, and yes build quality makes a noticable difference in tone.
4x12s actually aren't the greatest configuration, there's a lot of redundant sound created. A really good 2x12 or even 1x12 is probably enough for a huge sound. Even some 1x10s can sound pretty big, you just need the right cab and speaker.
It's all about the quality of the cabinet and speakers, and truthfully I'd say it makes up at least 1/3 of your overall amp tone (speakingly very broadly of course, since good guitar tone requires a holistic approach).

Personally, I reckon you can't beat a good quality closed-back 2x12 but everyone has their own favourite configuration...
in addition to the speakers, cabinet design plays a huge part as the final piece of equipment in your sound gear.

all your thousands of dollars worth of instruments, pedals, and that prized amp eventually end up putting sound through your speakers. if you have a shoddy cab, you'd probably not sound as good as you should.

so to answer your question, yes it does matter. here are the factors of an amp cabinet that are important in your sound

1) closed back/ open back design. (closed back cabs tend to provide more low end response. some people say it sounds tighter. remember though, that more low end response doesn't always mean better)

2) type of wood used. (in general, plywood is always used for guitar cabinets. 3/4" birch plywood appears to be the industry standard for this sort of thing. solid woods are hardly ever used because of their negative acoustic properties when used as speaker enclosures. very very cheap plywood can break down easily or even crack as a result of the speaker's vibrations so be careful)

3) dimensions. I am NOT WELL VERSED in this area. (some people always say it's good to have odd-numbered dimensions. others say it's actually the ratio between height and breadth that must be odd numbered. )

4) air tightness. (Cab have to be airtight in the front. open back and closed back cabs generally have "breathing holes" behind. But you have to make sure air only escapes from the back)
Quote by sharp__edge
in addition to the speakers, cabinet design plays a huge part as the final piece of equipment in your sound gear.

all your thousands of dollars worth of instruments, pedals, and that prized amp eventually end up putting sound through your speakers. if you have a shoddy cab, you'd probably not sound as good as you should.

so to answer your question, yes it does matter. here are the factors of an amp cabinet that are important in your sound

1) closed back/ open back design. (closed back cabs tend to provide more low end response. some people say it sounds tighter. remember though, that more low end response doesn't always mean better)

2) type of wood used. (in general, plywood is always used for guitar cabinets. 3/4" birch plywood appears to be the industry standard for this sort of thing. solid woods are hardly ever used because of their negative acoustic properties when used as speaker enclosures. very very cheap plywood can break down easily or even crack as a result of the speaker's vibrations so be careful)

3) dimensions. I am NOT WELL VERSED in this area. (some people always say it's good to have odd-numbered dimensions. others say it's actually the ratio between height and breadth that must be odd numbered. )

4) air tightness. (Cab have to be airtight in the front. open back and closed back cabs generally have "breathing holes" behind. But you have to make sure air only escapes from the back)

tyvm!
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
you little shit you made another thread!!

wtf just edit your original post
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!