ok, so I have a budget of £250
I am looking for an amp preferable 20+ watts
I like to play metal, (including cleans)
also looking to start my own effects board but that's another thread for another day

reccomendations please
how many dollars is a pound or watever that "L" thing represents
your imagination is only as colorful as the drugs you are on

Quote by Rapter-paul
ok, so I have a budget of £250
I am looking for an amp preferable 20+ watts
I like to play metal, (including cleans)
also looking to start my own effects board but that's another thread for another day

reccomendations please

Peavey Vypyr I guess.
He will have to stick with a combo. There are no good stacks in that price range. We can talk about stacks when he's got 1000+ pounds.

What I'd recommend looking into are used Line 6 Flextones. Here, the latest version in good condition it seems:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Line-6-flextone-3-amplifier-guitar-amp-75-watt_W0QQitemZ320450791490QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item4a9c5b0842

I am confident saying that you won't get anything better for 200 quid.
Quote by Rapter-paul
well, this thread is for a mate of mine, he said he dosn't want a combo amp . . .

Your friend is an idiot. You're not going to get a decent stack for Metal with that. A basic Metal Cab on it's own would cost £250.

The ONLY stack you could even get close to is the HT-5, but that's only 5 watts, can just about jam with a drummer, but if he's loud you're ****ed. AC4TVH + Cab is slightly less of a stretch, but you won't find many second hand like with the HT-5 and you'll need to use a pedal for metal.

£250 you're looking at SS, Modelers, and budget low wattage tube amps. Few of those come in head/cab formats to begin with.