This is my second attempt at a song and I don't know if I'm going in the write direction with it. I kind of have two guitars panned out to a different speaker so its like they're talking to each other. My plan is to make the second guitar sound sadder than the first.

Any tips/advice/critism?

(Despite the file name, it is not really "bluesey)
Attachments:
Blues.gp5
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Last edited by ~Shred Hero~ at Nov 22, 2009,
Hmm... I dont know a lot about music, but I felt like they were talking about different subjects or something :P Also, adding some slow drums would be nice, but overall i liked it.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
It's a cool idea, but unfortunately your lead guitar and your rhythm part are in completely different keys. You're using F# Minor Pentatonic over an Am and a Dm chord. It just doesn't work.

Also, if you want one guitar to sound happy and one to sound sad, you need the rhythm to be playing a majorchord for the happy part and minor chord for the sad part.

Instead of a D minor chord, try D major, or D7 instead. Use A Dorian, or Am pentatonic to solo over it.

The last few bars were really cool though. Although track 3 kind of ruined it since it was again in the wrong key
Icronic pretty much said everything I had to say

Just transcribe your current notes to the same key, change chords, add more.

And you're done

Keep it up, don't let something like this get you down, this is only te start.
Quote by zezikaro
Icronic pretty much said everything I had to say

Just transcribe your current notes to the same key, change chords, add more.

And you're done

Keep it up, don't let something like this get you down, this is only te start.

Is it ok that lead guitar one and lead guitar two are using two different scales? I would just have go keep an eye on the rhythm chords right?
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...