It sounds ok, it was really ruined by the singing, way too loud and way too much gain on the voice, sounded like dragging a cat across a hay bailer.

Not to bash your song, the guitar sounded great, but the vocals need alot of work.

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22370147#post22370147
The riff in the beginning repeats way too much and the vocals are fairly annoying. The breakdown was unnecessary and added nothing to the song. Some of the riffs were okay, but they could be improved. The drum programming was very simple and was just kind of there.
I thought the vocals were fairly decent, I'm not a Death Metal fan at all, so judging from a general music fan/Thrash enthusiast, the vocals were actually pretty demented. That is, unless he wasn't going for that, then its uber fail. It's all about perception I guess.

The riffing was epic, the best part was the breakdown IMO, and the riffs that enused after were cool too, the drums were a bit basic, but definitely varied enough to keep things to not detur the listener, and fit the song pretty well, EXCEPT at the part right after the first breakdown, they come in kind of oddly to me, but thats acceptable. I like the change at the end to acoustic too, I think it was a nice touch.

On another note, the opening 2 riffs of the 2nd second kick ass.

Crit mine if you get a chance,thanks
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22367137#post22367137
Last edited by Sami Philadelph at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by Sami Philadelph
I thought the vocals were fairly decent, I'm not a Death Metal fan at all, so judging from a general music fan/Thrash enthusiast, the vocals were actually pretty demented. That is, unless he wasn't going for that, then its uber fail. It's all about perception I guess.

The riffing was epic, the best part was the breakdown IMO, and the riffs that enused after were cool too, the drums were a bit basic, but definitely varied enough to keep things to not detur the listener, and fit the song pretty well, EXCEPT at the part right after the first breakdown, they come in kind of oddly to me, but thats acceptable. I like the change at the end to acoustic too, I think it was a nice touch.

On another note, the opening 2 riffs of the 2nd second kick ass.

Crit mine if you get a chance,thanks
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22367137#post22367137

Ha, yeah the vocals kind of suck, but they're meant to sound all psycho, kind of high raspy black metal like. I didn't spend too much time on the drums because I really wanted to get this shit done. It probably would've sounded fantastic if I spent more time with it though. Thanks for all the crits ppl!!
My thoughts.

Drums are too loud, guitar is too quiet.

Your bass player can't scream, he should stick to playing bass. Also, trying to hide the bad screaming behind lots of delay only makes it worse. Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who is a big death metal fan and who screams in a band himself.

That being said, I really like the drum sound. What did you use to make it? The snare and bass sound good, but the cymbals can be a little overpowering. I would put a low pass filter on the drums to take some of the edge off the cymbals.

The guitar tone is a little too scooped and a little too bassy. Boost those mids and highs, the clarity will punch you in the face. Trust me. The basic tone sounds solid though. Out of curiosity, what rig are you using?

Now the songwriting itself. The song feels a little too jumpy. The parts don't seem to meld together totally cohesively, and too much feels like stop and start. Some parts are a bit sloppy, too. The breakdown comes to mind.

Overall, I think you've got a decent recording here. Some EQ will do this thing wonders, and some compression on the drums couldn't hurt either.

Only major gripes, turn the drums down and get that bassist some vocal lessons.

Mind giving mine a look?
Caustic Rhetoric