i've just ordered my new head and cab and i've just realised i dont have a cable to connect the two. does it need to be a specific lead or will any normal cable do, or should one of them come with a cable?? thanks
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
You must have a speaker cable to connect a head to a cabinet. Otherwise you will eventually blow your Output Transformer.
u can use an instrument cable but a speaker cable is better. using an instrument cable can damage ur amp. that being said, i used one for the first 3/4 of a year that i had my half stack and its fine, but im using a speaker cable now and it really does sound a little better too
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
ok, but do you usually get one with either the head or cab was my question

EDIT: ok, so it wouldn't have any major damage on my amp or cab if i used a normal cable??
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Last edited by shredftw at Nov 22, 2009,
you can get like 90 feet of speaker cable for like 10$ chill
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by shredftw
ok, but do you usually get one with either the head or cab was my question

EDIT: ok, so it wouldn't have any major damage on my amp or cab if i used a normal cable??

You could call the store you ordered from and ask, but I don't think it's common to include a speaker cable with your purchase.

Yes, your amp will eventually suffer damage if you do not use a speaker cable, however, if you amp is a solid state amplifier it's not nearly as big of an issue.
Quote by imicius
Yes, your amp will eventually suffer damage if you do not use a speaker cable, however, if you amp is a solid state amplifier it's not nearly as big of an issue.

well i'm getting a dual rectifier so it will damage it i'm guessing?? i'm also guessing that its pretty cheap to get from almost any music store??
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
i stated that already.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
oh, sorry i didn't see your other post. cheers for help guys
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Just walk into a store with like 5-10 bucks, tell them your situation and they'll find you a speaker cable.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE