So when i attempt to open ITunes im getting a error message saying that a problem has occured. Any ideas on what i can do to fix this, ive downloaded Vista service pack 2, and updated everything i can think of. Yet im still getting that damn error message. What would u guys do?
maybe its the link.

go into my computer, Drive C, program files, itunes and try launching it from there.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Uninstall and reinstall.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Have you tried restarting your computer?
That's abou the extent of my computer knowledge.
Yahoo!
ive had a similar problem multiple times where it wouldnt open at all. i just leave it and it seems to be working the next day or so
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Open the task manager.
See if it it under processes, and if it is, end it.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
This might sound stupid but download and older version of iTunes, there's a couple of pages with old files on the web (im too lazy to goggle right now, sorry) But really, downloading an outdated version sometimes helps me. Im not saying go download ver 6 or 5, just a couple months old.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Quote by Mr.hurricane
Have you tried restarting your computer?
That's abou the extent of my computer knowledge.

+1

thats what i always do its worth a shot if you havent already
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
restarting +1

i just had some problems with a system folder, it told me to put in the system disc. i ran it 3 or 4 times and it didnt seem to work, then i realised im supposed to reboot from the CD to complete restore

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by GodofCheesecake
Uninstall and reinstall.

Dont do that becuase your account might be unsuscribed and you lose all your music. Run a diagnostic check around the files that help itunes work (they are in the itunes folder)...

BTW **** microsoft. I just got Vista 3 months ago and now they come out with windows 7? and what the **** did they make the Zune for... what a piece of shit
yep f*ck microsoft.

had a mac for years, not a single problem.

ive had to restore my laptop twice in a year.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

thx guys, ive done the restart, and the diagnosis. Im hesitant to uninstall since i have 23G of music and i rly don't want to start building that up again. Im going to try and older version and opening durectly from the exe
Quote by metharian
...start building that up again. Im going to try an older version and opening...

Yay! Someone read my suggestion.
Suck on That!
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
that happened to me once, i tried every single thing possible, but nothing worked. i had to uninstall and reinstall it, loosing about 150 dollars in just itunes music. thankfully i buy mostly actual cd's when i can, but i still lost quite a bit..
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
when i upgraded to Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP 2 i had to re-do my startbar and quicklaunch because some of my links died for some reason.

are you trying to launch it from the program files, start menu, desktop or quicklaunch?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Decatur
BTW **** microsoft. I just got Vista 3 months ago and now they come out with windows 7?

So because you don't keep up with operating system releases when buying a computer they suck? Of course they do.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yea lol, ive tried all the different ways of launching. and yea i have Limewire and Frostwire going. I have a lot fo CDs as well so ill be safe. the annoying part will be loading like 200cds then downloading all those things im missing
Quote by metharian
yea lol, ive tried all the different ways of launching. and yea i have Limewire and Frostwire going. I have a lot fo CDs as well so ill be safe. the annoying part will be loading like 200cds then downloading all those things im missing

Not using iTunes and backing up your music collection ftw it seems
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
what i did when i lost everything (woo, go vista.) was i just downloaded it as i i remembered artists/songs.

also, when i eventually got XP back on here, i immediately shrunk C and made myself a nice internal storage partition.

btw, did anyone else get conned into buying a vista home premium or better laptop because of their promise that youd get windows 7 for free when it was released.

yeah its free, plus £20 tax, £10 shipping and £10 surcharge for transferring money to mainland europe.

all in all, i save about £20. wow, huuuge savings.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Nov 22, 2009,