I'm trying to nail Skid Row's solo tone, and I'm finding it really hard. What can I do to bring out the pinch harmonics etc in solos more? (So they arnt quieter than the rest?).

And if anyone can help, how can I get Skid Row's tone?
scoop means more or less? getting better at it and got a good sound so far, not spot on though! i think a lot of it is technique, but the guitar has to sound the part also
Quote by moto_psycho
scoop means more or less? getting better at it and got a good sound so far, not spot on though! i think a lot of it is technique, but the guitar has to sound the part also

You bet it is, be persistent in perfecting pinch harmonics (have time devoted in your practice routine).

The most helpful trick for me, was to turn my picking hand's wrist to the right - to touch your thumb against the string.

Once you get it down, it's really easy and as for the volume issue.. maybe try picking slightly harder for pinches, then normal for regular notes.
I wouldn't scoop the mids. More gain and treble will make them stand out more, but most of it is just nailing them and being confident in doing so.
you dont really need to change your eq setting. if you have a balanced guitar sound there should be no need. you shouldnt fix what isnt broken. the first step is to work on your technique. specifically finding the nodes (harmonic places) on the string. then all you would need to do is pile on the gain and you should be there. remember that its 90% techique.