I have the opportunity to buy an Acoustic-brand 120 watt acoustic guitar/vocals amp (NOT a bass amp), but I can't find anything on the amp. Even the website doesn't report making this model, though I saw it in person at the guitar store. They said they had only one, and I can't even find it listed anywhere on line for sale from anyone.

Does anyone know about this model? It is like all Acoustic-brand amps: Black with Robins Egg blue piping around the amp, and the words "AG120" on the face. It sits on an angle for propping up, and use as a monitor.

The price is $260 before tax, and the item is new.

Does anyone know anything about this amp???? Please???

Joseph
This is in the wrong forum.

Amps, Pedals, and other Gear go in Guitar Gear & Accessories

I'll ask a Moderator to move this for you.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Update- The guitar store emailed me back (I wrote them yesterday, so that isn't too bad... ) and said they don't have the 120 watt Acoustic amp in any national store or online, but they could try to get one.

So, are they saying that it does exist? What is up with this amp???? Do you have one or know why I can't find anything on it??

Cheers!
Joseph
just go by the ag60 reviews...

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Acoustic/AG60/10/1

ive heard of never used this amp.

i think you need to ask yourself,
What am i looking for in an amp?
and
What's my budget?

answer those questions, maybe you'll find there are other options.

then, plug into it, so you have a basis for comparison.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Jenny,

Thanks for the comment and suggestion, but that was the AG60, not the "AG120" that I saw and played through had more controls and features, and was larger than the AG60 pics.

But I can find NOTHING on the AG120, and it would appear one isn't made! Except.... I saw it and I have the receipt for the down payment when I put it on lay away yesterday.

So has anyone seen it? Why is there nothing written on it, or why none for sale anywhere else?

Joseph
hey, yeah, i know what you're saying.

i'm just suggesting that you look at the ag60 reviews to judge the product quality and customer satisfaction. then try the ag120, to see if the tone, and extra features make it worth the price.

in addition, if you say what you're looking for, we can offer alternatives, that you can use as a basis for comparison.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
That's a good suggestion Jenny. That's kinda what I went by in selecting the amp. The 60's sounded ok, but I liked their availble effects a lot. The 120 DID sound great... but it seems to be a mystery amp, in that I can't find another one anywhere or even see it referenced anywhere.

Has anyone seen or used one? What's the story with the AG120 by Acoustic Amplification?
Wait, you bought an amp that you are unsure exists... And THEN you came here asking about it...

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Wait, you bought an amp that you are unsure exists... And THEN you came here asking about it...

No, I don't think you read my question before making your uninformed and unrelated response.

I have the opportunity to buy the amp. I saw it at the store, it sounded good and looked interesting, they had only one of them, and so I put it on layaway. I would have done my research beforehand and came back, but the store was packed with people, they had only 1 of the amps, and Christmas shopping is coming.... So I put it on layaway and came home to research it.

So, the question stands: I just called another music chain store this morning and they don't have one and can't find that one was made... Except I SAW it, SANG through it, and PLAYED through it 48 hours ago.

Does anyone know anything about this amp? I won't go ahead with the purchase (they can keep my $30 down payment) if it's bogus...
Whattup! I just bought this amp and it's just sick! The plan was to get this and the L. R. Baggs M1A soundhole pickup. I got the amp first and tried it out using my old raggedy passive Dean Markley soundhole pickup and it blew me away! I've never heard this pickup sound like this through any pa I've plugged it into. The amp lists for $599 on Musician's Friend. My advice: get it quick! Don't mess with the lower-powered acoustic amps, this is the one.